Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So, I had the 14 tooth sprocket installed with a new red chain, new tires, back rotor and break pads. Wow! What a difference.

I know everyone’s preferences are their own but I definitely recommend the sprocket! I’m sure the new chain and tires made a difference but it feels like a new bike.

Riding around town, I never had to put my bike in 6th gear but did today. A small sacrifice for the jump in torque. So happy with it! Every gear, it pulls hard. Great in the twistys too. Love it!

A friend of mine thinking she’s cute sitting on my bike with a Harley shirt... 😏

·
Registered
431 Posts
@AGWilhelm is that a Delkevic 200mm round carbon exhaust?

Reactions: AGWilhelm

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@AGWilhelm is that a Delkevic 200mm round carbon exhaust?
Not sure of the size but it is a Delkevic and it does have carbon fiber. I love it. Great bang for the buck. Wasn’t going to spend $2500 on a full system akropovic but heard that’s one of the best for the Supersport. I did have to buy a plug from Woodcraft to keep it from throwing a code.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, tell us about the performance from the muffler.
I love it! It sounds great. I didn’t know what the sound would be like and did it mostly for weight reduction. Very happy with it!!
As for performance, I didn’t dyno the bike before and after but it’s a great sound and with weight loss from stock, I’m pretty sure there’s some H.P. gain. Highly recommend it and the price was amazing!!! Around $450.

·
Registered
89 Posts
To be clear, the 14 tooth gave you better mid range or high end? I am very tempted to do this over the winter.
14 tooth sprocket
F/R wave rotors
F/R brake pads
New chain

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
To be clear, the 14 tooth gave you better mid range or high end? I am very tempted to do this over the winter.
14 tooth sprocket
F/R wave rotors
F/R brake pads
New chain
14 tooth front sprocket will give you a “boost” in your low to mid range at the expense of less overall top end speed. If you ride tight, twisty roads, sometimes first gear can seem very tall or you find yourself too fast for say second gear and too slow for third, the 14 tooth can “wake” the bike up. It doesn’t add power, however, just shifts the speed it hits at.

Also, I’m not sure if the wave rotors are in search of performance or looks but know that they offer no benefit over standard rotors in how they function so any money spent there will be for looks only.

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine need to be replaced. They have some light rust developing from the previous owner. I figure why not get something thats different. I will have to photoshop it first to see if I like it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 tooth sprocket
F/R wave rotors
F/R brake pads
New chain
Hey! What I’ve noticed so far is this. Off the line, extremely smooth and more torque. As mentioned in some other posts, they were correct with the smoothness. As we all know, the first and second gears can be a little “shaky” as I’d put it with the stock sprocket. Compare that to being in a higher gear at low speeds. The 14 tooth sprocket reduces that.

Performance: Awesome! It’s quicker! I had a new chain put on at the same time so it could be both. Feels like a new bike. If you do city driving or canyons, highly recommend it. Extremely responsive!

Drawback: You’re giving up high end and gas mileage. Yesterday, I filled up, did some highway to the canyons and by the time I got done, it was time to fill up. I estimated I did around 130-140 miles total. However, a lot of up and down revs in the canyons and a good amount of highway. (higher r.p.m.s) I’d recommend it but just be aware of that. Another interesting thing that I thought was cool was the pull in 6th gear on the highway. Cruising along at 80mph, I go to pass and the power is right there due to the sprocket.

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It doesn't do anything else than change your transmission ratios. Essentially it is like running in a lower gear. 2nd feels like first, 3rd like second gear etc. Obviously 1st feels shorter too.

You can use this page to analyse different setups:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts