Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
2421 - 2440 of 2456 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Not even close, is it?? :)
Rich, I didnt mean it personally. ;)

OTOH, 1200cc of kickass power gives the MS the last laugh. :cry:

Curious, have you gotten your retirement papers? If so, congrats. We'll have to have a meetup ride somewhere between the 1500 miles. I suppose the faster guy should ride the farthest. :rolleyes: So 500 for me?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rich, I didnt mean it personally. ;)

OTOH, 1200cc of kickass power gives the MS the last laugh. :cry:

Curious, have you gotten your retirement papers? If so, congrats. We'll have to have a meetup ride somewhere between the 1500 miles. I suppose the faster guy should ride the farthest. :rolleyes: So 500 for me?
LOL, no worries. None of the ADV bikes are good looking, so the Multi just is what it is. At least it's not as hideous as the KTMs. :)

Haven't put in paperwork yet, at the moment end of March 2023 is what I'm looking at. I might be persuaded to travel to Arkansas...

·
Registered
970 Posts
In 1,5 hour I used 3/4 of gasoline riding up and down on curvy roads. Today I "learned" that moving just little back my foot and then put on the tip of the peg I had much better comfort in the corners 👀 I know for others could be obvious and all, but I find these things on my own slowly, I know theory but still no one even during track days could see my leg that close to find I should move more. With active technical material underpants I felt a lot of breeze in my balls, I know I know but please make yourself present and buy Under Armour or SAXX or similar higher quality undearwear like this and going in corners is great. No "Ducati" sweaty heat around while driving. With present gasoline prices if I will run a tank in 2 hours... HEH KEK :D Hmmm.

·
Registered
258 Posts
@Lord Farquad it must be a great feeling to ride SS with all it's shaking, engine noise, power delivery and then get insie Tesla in comfort silence :D
They do compliment each other well. Both are a joy to use. The electric experience is very precise. With the regenerative braking the Tesla is a bit like a V Twin. I can use both without using the brakes much, relying on planning to produce smooth progress. Both have instant drive to maximise overtaking opportunities.
I rode a Harley Livewire recently and really liked it. But it’s range and charging performance aren’t good enough yet. I’m looking forward to electric motorcycles, but I’ll want 180+ mile range with a 10-90% charge in under 30min.

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
Was thinking about electric motorcycles yesterday while riding. I enjoy so many things with ICM motorcycles, the shifting, the power of motor, the vibrations communicating from the motor, and of course, the general feel of all things combined in a spirited ride through backroads.

But then the thought occurred to me, since electric bikes will eliminate several of these sensations, might it possibly make riders concentrate more on going faster to derive pleasure from riding?

Hang with me a minute… and because of the lack of other sensations, will electric motorcycle riders be more likely to go fast to get pleasure and hence more likely to have a mishap than on a ICM (especially inexperienced riders)? I dunno, maybe crazy thought 🤷 since I’ve never ridden an electric motorcycle, yet... Maybe I’ll love them! 😂

·
Registered
258 Posts
Was thinking about electric motorcycles yesterday while riding. I enjoy so many things with ICM motorcycles, the shifting, the power of motor, the vibrations communicating from the motor, and of course, the general feel of all things combined in a spirited ride through backroads.

But then the thought occurred to me, since electric bikes will eliminate several of these sensations, might it possibly make riders concentrate more on going faster to derive pleasure from riding?

Hang with me a minute… and because of the lack of other sensations, will electric motorcycle riders be more likely to go fast to get pleasure and hence more likely to have a mishap than on a ICM (especially inexperienced riders)? I dunno, maybe crazy thought 🤷 since I’ve never ridden an electric motorcycle, yet... Maybe I’ll love them! 😂
The instant power of an electric bike will certainly challenge new riders. They’ll be much more reliant on advanced traction control software. But the sensations are still there. You feel the chassis and the wind rushing around you. What you lose is the reluctance of the motor to pull at low revs. Unless the motor is turned down it’s very easy to speed. Although I find I actually drive my Tesla at the speed limit more. I think because it’s easier to select a precise speed. But I enjoy riding well as much as I do riding fast. I enjoy a twisty road at 30-60mph as much as a faster sweeping one, that needs 90-100mph.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
LOL, no worries. None of the ADV bikes are good looking, so the Multi just is what it is. At least it's not as hideous as the KTMs. :)

Haven't put in paperwork yet, at the moment end of March 2023 is what I'm looking at. I might be persuaded to travel to Arkansas...
I think we can all agree that KTMs are ugly and have a reputation of being hard to maintain (and we're riding Ducatis). :unsure:

Best of luck when you finally hit the door.

So far as Ark, you can never trust the weather in March. Have you ever heard of the "Fools on a Hill" mc campout on Mt Nebo on Spring Solstice? I think the name is self explanatory.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think we can all agree that KTMs are ugly and have a reputation of being hard to maintain (and we're riding Ducatis). :unsure:

Best of luck when you finally hit the door.

So far as Ark, you can never trust the weather in March. Have you ever heard of the "Fools on a Hill" mc campout on Mt Nebo on Spring Solstice? I think the name is self explanatory.
Spring Solstice?? Someone needs an astronomy lesson! :D

Retirement is penciled in for March 24, so a "spring solstice" ride is out. I was thinking more mid-late April, that's usually (but not always) decent weather.
Haven't heard of that event, but looks like a good starting point for rides. I often stayed in Clarksville or Russellville, and then typically headed north.

2421 - 2440 of 2456 Posts