Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
2441 - 2456 of 2456 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
209 Posts
I already refused to go for ride on the weekend when the max temperatures have reached 37°C (99°F). I don't even want to imagine being geared up on the bike at scorching 46°C.

But I did tighten my chain a bit yesterday. From 38mm back to 36mm.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
970 Posts
I went to ride a Harley Davidson. I chosed Sport Glide - my dream HD. Well... now I have doubts :D Coming back to Ducati it's like holding a small cup of espresso with fingers vs holding a hammer haha. The main reason I stayed with Ducati is... how the owners of HD looks like. They look all aggressive, there is hard barrier to get inside among them to talk, all are old people - I see why HD tries to find and introduce new models. I'd better build a bobber than buy a new HD unfortunately for HD of course... I didn't have a chance to ride a Nighster, pitty. After 5 years... my first love is still Supersport. I regret HD builds a very close area and a big barrier to fit in - maybe here in my dealership but... I can't wait to ride curvy roads again on SS - enough for my skills <3 Cheers! (drinking Guinness)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Took it to work today like I normally do, not even an hour into my shift I was informed a coworker knocked over my bike, miraculously no plastics were damaged, the only thing that was damaged that is of concern is my mirror which I will replace myself and there's something wrong with the rear brakes I think the lever got bent a little bit and they're not working right now at first the tire was dragging but then I clicked up the rear brake lever and it disengaged so now the wheel spins freely. She was backing out of her parking space and turned her wheels to the left and her passenger front tire caught my rear tire and knocked the bike over. 😑
Shoe Leg Automotive tire Font Asphalt

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

VERY annoyed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
@JaggerCat Is that scuffing / scratching I can see on the casing above the brake lever and 2 small chips to the edge of the fairing?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
She'll likely go to insurance when she discovers her expected $200 bill turns into a grand+. The passenger peg and CF heatshield could be filed/buffed and touched up with an airbrush, if you decide to do that. Also an option considering supply delivery issues.

Anyway sorry it happened. Saw the same thing last year at a Guzzi rally when the park manager backed her pickup right into a Norge. The rider and I were in the pavilion and he started to yell to warn her to no avail.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Meh. I'd bill her for the mirror and the brake lever (if it's broken) but the other stuff could be addressed with varying grades of sandpaper and a Sharpie. No one will ever know.
Not everyone has your mindset, and everyone should be made whole to whatever degree satisfies them given it was not the fault of the owner and the result of carelessness of the vehicle driver.

2441 - 2456 of 2456 Posts