Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1529 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I received from Ducati the survey after the 3 years ownership. Please also fill if you get it - if more of us will write our real life problems and suggestions then I hope they read it and implement our wishes. : ) I listen to 80s music from GTA game Emotion radio ; ) and drink beer so my answers are elongated hehe. I wrote them in points most of our issues. Anyway I believe in this involvement.

·
Registered
368 Posts
@JaggerCat 25000 miles - how long have you had the bike?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Reactions: Ed K

·
Super Moderator
6,142 Posts
@Triplesapper Nice! The shock can get pretty hot with the stock exhaust directly under it; please let us know how the tube holds up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Reactions: Ed K

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Installed a 14 tooth front sprocket and the Ducati Performance clutch and brake levers. Sprocket was a piece of cake to install. Can't wait to take it for a spin tonight.

The brake lever installed without issue. However, the clutch lever was too thick where it fit into the pivot point on the bars. It caused the cable to not retract. I ended up having to remove a little bit of paint and material in order for the lever to pivot without binding. Works as expected now.

I bought the "new in box" set from a gentleman on eBay. My guess is that was the reason it was for sale on eBay at a much reduced cost.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I wanted to install V2 footpegs but I couldn't ask enough in the dealership for the price...they never had time to tell. I see them on one website with a price of 62 GBP per each so I'm sure the price won't change if I ask the dealer anyway. 120 EUR/GBP just for pegs...
Here for around 160 in total
+
but will it not look stupid/ugly with these peg adjusters? 😐
OEM costs 14 euro just but they are slippery in wet and I start to think about a present for myself in December. Your advice maybe? Thanks...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Cleaned/lubed my DQS. Result was more than I expected!

Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Super Moderator
6,142 Posts
Cleaned/lubed my DQS. Result was more than I expected!
Plz tell us more...disassemble, or exterior only clean and lube, without disassembly?

Noticeable significant difference (as others have mentioned, too)?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I had a very pleasant weekend. 500 km / 310 mi. Also... super bad luck, I think it was easier to get me instead of many others around... bu...

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I will survive... I 99% ride legally. They just caught me on crossing the constant line once in a traffic with no car in the opposite way till the horizon... and many were just letting me go, and once on a highway where was 40 km/h lower speed on one curve where along with me were 2 cars driving normal highway speed :S but was better to get me not the cars. First ever tickets on SSS and the same weekend 🤦‍♂️ 2020 GO AWAY hehe

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
New tires over the weekend for me. I was getting annoyed with the weird “fall in“ feeling the bike was doing with it’s half worn Rosso III tires and wanted to restore that smooth side to side transition so I No-Mar’ed on a set of Pilot Power 5’s (not the Roads). I pretty much use this bike as my twisty road fun bike so I thought I’d go grip over longevity and wanted to switch it up a bit and try something else to see how the bike feels.

I’m waiting on the “new” Ducati sized cones to balance the rear but I ran it up the road a bit and it feels great again; very smooth, very predictable, very easy to turn in, just like I remember the bike being when new. None of that quick fall in and try to stand up once leaned over when cornering I had been feeling this season.

Looking at the old tires that have around 3.000 miles on them, I can see lots of cupping in the front (kinda normal for me), especially on the left right (edited) side (not super normal) but it still has its “triangular“ V shape where the rear is wearing very evenly side to side but is a much more round U shape. Note I usually run 36/36 but started running 34/36 this year in an effort to get more feel out of the front.

I think that’s where the odd feeling some people have reported comes in as they wear; I’d guess if you do enough highway riding you will wear the center of the front down to the point it mimics the wear on the rear and it stays even between the two, doesn’t wear to two different shapes like mine did (V shape front, U shape rear profile). I pretty much only take this bike if there’s going to be corners (probably 2,000 of the 3,000 miles are in the smoky mountains) and like to accelerate out of corners so I’m either on the sides of the tires or heavy on the rear accelerating using the torque the bike has. My theory at least.

The Powers are a U shape profile so we’ll see how they do as time moves forward. Still hoping for a trip in October to the Smoky’s so we’ll see how they do.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Plz tell us more...disassemble, or exterior only clean and lube, without disassembly?

Noticeable significant difference (as others have mentioned, too)?
Upshifting with my DQS has always been rough unless the throttle is pinned and I'm shifting at the high end of the range. As a result I rarely used it, reserved for a few times on my local loops. I cleaned (no disassembly) and lubed it (WD-40), really just removed the road grime and moved it back and forth to work in the lube. The change was rather remarkable, up shifts now are smooth at virtually any RPM as long as the throttle is at least steady or increasing. Was out for long rides over the week-end, went from rarely using the DQS for upshifts to using it for most of the day.

·
Registered
316 Posts
New tires over the weekend for me. I was getting annoyed with the weird “fall in“ feeling the bike was doing with it’s half worn Rosso III tires and wanted to restore that smooth side to side transition so I No-Mar’ed on a set of Pilot Power 5’s (not the Roads). I pretty much use this bike as my twisty road fun bike so I thought I’d go grip over longevity and wanted to switch it up a bit and try something else to see how the bike feels.

I’m waiting on the “new” Ducati sized cones to balance the rear but I ran it up the road a bit and it feels great again; very smooth, very predictable, very easy to turn in, just like I remember the bike being when new. None of that quick fall in and try to stand up once leaned over when cornering I had been feeling this season.

Looking at the old tires that have around 3.000 miles on them, I can see lots of cupping in the front (kinda normal for me), especially on the right side (not super normal) but it still has its “triangular“ V shape where the rear is wearing very evenly side to side but is a much more round U shape. Note I usually run 36/36 but started running 34/36 this year in an effort to get more feel out of the front.

I think that’s where the odd feeling some people have reported comes in as they wear; I’d guess if you do enough highway riding you will wear the center of the front down to the point it mimics the wear on the rear and it stays even between the two, doesn’t wear to two different shapes like mine did (V shape front, U shape rear profile). I pretty much only take this bike if there’s going to be corners (probably 2,000 of the 3,000 miles are in the smoky mountains) and like to accelerate out of corners so I’m either on the sides of the tires or heavy on the rear accelerating using the torque the bike has. My theory at least.

The Powers are a U shape profile so we’ll see how they do as time moves forward. Still hoping for a trip in October to the Smoky’s so we’ll see how they do.
I'm sort in the same place you are, my tires have maybe 1000 miles left on them and I'm heading up to the Smokies in 2 weeks so best to change them now. The shop that does my tires has been trying to get me to try Michelin Power series tires, so far I've always passed and went for the Rosso 3. Surprised to not see much talk of using Michelin Power 5 tires the SS, maybe time to try them.

Reactions: Miweber929

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Upshifting with my DQS has always been rough unless the throttle is pinned and I'm shifting at the high end of the range. As a result I rarely used it, reserved for a few times on my local loops. I cleaned (no disassembly) and lubed it (WD-40), really just removed the road grime and moved it back and forth to work in the lube. The change was rather remarkable, up shifts now are smooth at virtually any RPM as long as the throttle is at least steady or increasing. Was out for long rides over the week-end, went from rarely using the DQS for upshifts to using it for most of the day.
I had, did and found almost identical to what you just described with my QS. Mine worked OK, but was notchy and didn't seem as smooth as everyone said it should be. Cleaned mine up, sprayed a little WD into the slider, lowered it a bit when reassembling and it now works great, use it a lot more.

I'm sort in the same place you are, my tires have maybe 1000 miles left on them and I'm heading up to the Smokies in 2 weeks so best to change them now. The shop that does my tires has been trying to get me to try Michelin Power series tires, so far I've always passed and went for the Rosso 3. Surprised to not see much talk of using Michelin Power 5 tires the SS, maybe time to try them.
I was looking around and yeah, not much chatter anywhere on the Power 5's so I actually picked up a set of Rosso III's as well as the Powers and pretty much did a coin flip when it came time to install and just returned the Rosso's. I've always had good luck with Michelin so it was more of a feeling thing and decided to try something different, glad I did: I rode into work today, nothing huge, but so far so good. I still need to balance the rear but ran it up to 85mph on the freeway and it was stable as is. The front needed very little weight so I'd bet it's pretty balanced as it sits.

So far, 18 miles and 3 turns in they are decent :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Technically yesterday now...
Cleaned 2,000 miles of road grime, bugs, and wildfire ash off the bike.
Cleaned the front brake calipers, installed new EBC HH pads to replace the OEM.
After using MPT12 several times on the disc buttons I was finally able to get them to move.

Next I need new tires. I'm at 5300 miles on the OEM Rosso 3s and have hit the center wear bars. Since the wet weather is coming soon I'm thinking of getting the Michelin Road Xs since I've had great wet weather results with them on my other bikes.

1501 - 1520 of 1529 Posts