Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1577 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Lazy, give us a report on the brake pads. Particularly regarding brake feel.

For some reason I got better mileage with the factory Rosso 3 than the replacements. I wonder if there really is something about the Ducati marked Rosso 3?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wheelied past a playfull Tesla M3 performance. Was not on one wheel on purpose. Came out of a corner in 2nd powering it on a small hill resulting in a blue sky nose rise.
Have to say I’m impressed with the accelleration of that car on the staights but not with the drivers ability through corners. SS had to work hard to keep up, but corners became bit dull.

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
Congrats! @DucatiKat Beautiful bike!

Hope you continue to hang with us.

Perhaps create a separate V2 thread, and document your experiences as time goes by... what do you think?

·
Registered
556 Posts
@DucatiKat But it's not the white and red one 😱

Reactions: DucatiKat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks sir.
it’s a very different bike than the Supersport that’s for sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lazy, give us a report on the brake pads. Particularly regarding brake feel.

For some reason I got better mileage with the factory Rosso 3 than the replacements. I wonder if there really is something about the Ducati marked Rosso 3?
I've been using EBC HH pads in all my sport bikes on and off track for years now. My SS came with FF type pads which I felt were too "soft" feeling and didn't handle high heat well. I think they were also contributing to the pulsing I was having but I can't definitively say so.
Anyways the EBC HH pad backing material is just slightly thicker than the Brembo FF backing material. I found that the pads didn't move quite right initially and I got some really weird uneven wear. I put everything back together without the anti-clatter springs and voila it fit correctly. The HH pads once they bed in bite hard right away and feel confident.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I've been using EBC HH pads in all my sport bikes on and off track for years now. My SS came with FF type pads which I felt were too "soft" feeling and didn't handle high heat well. I think they were also contributing to the pulsing I was having but I can't definitively say so.
Anyways the EBC HH pad backing material is just slightly thicker than the Brembo FF backing material. I found that the pads didn't move quite right initially and I got some really weird uneven wear. I put everything back together without the anti-clatter springs and voila it fit correctly. The HH pads once they bed in bite hard right away and feel confident.
I've been using EBC HH pads on all my bikes for 20+ years, so I am quite familiar with them. However, none have brakes nearly as good as my 939 SS. That's why I was asking for a comparison.

BTW- I had severe brake fade on my 1200 Bandit with the HH doing track day, the bike was a heatsink.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been using EBC HH pads on all my bikes for 20+ years, so I am quite familiar with them. However, none have brakes nearly as good as my 939 SS. That's why I was asking for a comparison.

BTW- I had severe brake fade on my 1200 Bandit with the HH doing track day, the bike was a heatsink.
1200 Bandit is a bit heavy right? I did have fade with my VFR800 on the track once using the EBC HH, but they were also near the end of their life and it was a tight track (Thunderhill West).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Washed off the grit from the trip up to Monterey/Santa Cruz/Half Moon Bay last weekend and gave it a Mother's California gold detailer over wax wipe down :cool:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
1200 Bandit is a bit heavy right? I did have fade with my VFR800 on the track once using the EBC HH, but they were also near the end of their life and it was a tight track (Thunderhill West).
heavy and bad brakes. But I did have HH pads on it as I do all my other bikes. I even blew a brake line on another track day and man that was scary.

My only point is the brakes on the SS are really good. So I'd like a comparison with different pads before I changed to another compound. One of my riding buddies took a ride on my bike and said it had the best brakes he ever ridden. And he has 5 bikes and owned a dozen+.

The bike is so good for my riding style, I'd like comparison info before I just put on different parts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since I discovered the ebc brand (+/- 15 years), most of the time I use these ones. I've putted the EP category for my ss and I'm really impressed by the brake power kept during a high speed riding compared to the "classic" ones.
10000kms for the moment and used close to the half.
But my kind of driving isn't a reference. I think I'm going to do the same as I do for tyres. One set for winter and a different set for summer. 😅

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I changed the oil in the bike. Motul, fortified with placebos. Checked and lubed the chain.

Installed Nano Glass on the dash display.

Had the nose wrapped in protective vinyl and had the vinyl installer pull off the hideous tank protector and install CF wrap. This one reminds of the ones I see on the ST-series bikes.

1521 - 1540 of 1577 Posts