Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1715 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950s, 2019 Multistrada 950s
45 Posts
Finally got the 14t installed. Along with a new rear tyre (stuck with the Rosso III) and had the rear brake bled.

Wow. The rear brake can work properly after all... I knew it was bad, but now it's so good I have to relearn hill starts.

And the 14t is perfect... gives me much better slow speed control, snappier take offs, and I can corner in 2nd gear. But also, and not expected, is that 60kph and 80kph, where I spend a fair bit of time, were previously 3rd and 4th but with borderline revs just at or below 4000rpm, and now just above 4000rpm which feels like the bike is smoother, more responsive and better coping with traffic speed variability without shifting down then back up then down again, etc...

Do you guys deliberately scrub in new tyres, or just ride normally and let it happen gradually?
Thanks for the insight. This and other input on the forum has convinced me to change to 14t front sprocket.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do you guys deliberately scrub in new tyres, or just ride normally and let it happen gradually?
Just don't be so aggressive on the corners and lean her over gradually more each time

Reactions: Ed K and Boe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the insight. This and other input on the forum has convinced me to change to 14t front sprocket.
I like the 14t even more than I had hoped I would. Definitely recommend it!

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
@Boe Although this is up for debate, I always gradually scrub new tires at least for the first 50-100 miles or so, especially with regards to lean angle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ride quite slow, then bring the speed up gradually. Most tires I've ridden feel good and grippy by the time I get from town into the twisties.
Unless I'm at the track and have warmers, in which case, get em hot and let it rip.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Brought her home from the Dealer, ceramic coated the fairing, polished the cat so it looks more like chrome, and put on the Tank protector
Congrats! And, I would love to know exactly how you polished the cat?

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
217 Posts
Mothers Metal Polish and about on hour of hand rubbing for the first 2 rounds, followed by a dremel polisher for the third. The stock pipes sound fine to me, just needed a little work on the dull metal.
polished pipes.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats! And, I would love to know exactly how you polished the cat?
I just used Autosol metal polish on mine, took me leass than 20 minutes - comes up a treat :)

Reactions: Boe

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
217 Posts
my other bike is all CF stock .. fairing, fenders, tailpipe .. and my Audi is all CF inside .. .yeah ... not going that route this time.

·
Registered
892 Posts
my other bike is all CF stock .. fairing, fenders, tailpipe .. and my Audi is all CF inside .. .yeah ... not going that route this time.
Go on, you know you want to 😈

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a lipstick on the windshield but you let go a little clutch and it went wrong? 😃
Looks good 👍
Good observation 😀😂 it’s actually a part of Hindu custom where we put a red teeka on new vehicle while we seek blessing from our gods for a safer journey. Still this hasn’t gone for first wash so it’s there. But I prefer to stick to your version of story 😆

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
haha bardiya, well, definitely now plenty of miles ahead of you 😁 It holds tight and well approved by Higher Powers.

1661 - 1680 of 1715 Posts