Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1715 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Beautiful day , 4hr ride in the Mountains ...half way to broken in , she gets better with every mile.
Took off the passenger foot rest assembly View attachment 43042 as I ride solo. Less weight is a good thing , and it looks cleaner
When I took off my pillion peg brackets I got nerdy and spray painted some bolts black, to fill the holes left on the bike.

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
217 Posts
I'm looking for something to fill in the holes too

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mods #1 & #2 complete on the 950: removed the passenger peg brackets and added a "s" seat cowl to my base model. I'll get the blanking plugs, but the bike will soon have the pannier bracket on it, so I'm not in a rush. I'll hopefully install the ducati perf tail tidy this weekend

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I made the last before Desmo annual service. New tires (Rosso III yet) + new brake pads. I guess I have to start again to adjust my hand like Ienatsch said. Now it's super easy to stop 👀
I took one because they are my very first ones ever used brake pads.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Had a good city run today with other Ducati’s in minneapolis. As usual, only one supersports marked its unique presence in gang :)
I gotta make one of those one of these days, looked like a good ride from everyone’s posted pics. I’ve been swamped on weekends and am spending this weekend de-winterizing the camper, getting that ready for the end of the months camping trip because the next couple weekends I’m either working or will be out of town.

Way too much to do, not nearly enough time to do it all........

Reactions: Sharva

·
Registered
23 Posts
I gotta make one of those one of these days, looked like a good ride from everyone’s posted pics. I’ve been swamped on weekends and am spending this weekend de-winterizing the camper, getting that ready for the end of the months camping trip because the next couple weekends I’m either working or will be out of town.

Way too much to do, not nearly enough time to do it all........
Hope to catch you in next event :)

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Not sure how it happened but I set my bike down from the right side on a partially deployed kickstand. Didn’t know it until I turned to dink around with The Mistress (959 Panigale) when I sensed something behind me was moving. I turned in time to see the SS laying down to take a nap.

Bike came to rest with the gas tank on top of my track fan and the gear shifter on the ground. Track fan lost (cracked plastic housing) but saved the SS’ pricey left fairing (not a mark) and didn’t leave a permanent mark on the gas tank. Gear shifter looking a little unhappy but nothing some convincing can’t put back into shape.

I’d spring for some CNC Racing brake and shift levers but the SS’ 30k km (18k mi) service, the 1k (600mi) service for the Panigale, the Panigale track build up (ongoing), track fees this month as well as some Trimix dives at the end of the month are at the front of the money line. If I keep this up, it’s looking like Spam and beans for dinner for most of the summer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure how it happened but I set my bike down from the right side on a partially deployed kickstand. Didn’t know it until I turned to dink around with The Mistress (959 Panigale) when I sensed something behind me was moving. I turned in time to see the SS laying down to take a nap.

Bike came to rest with the gas tank on top of my track fan and the gear shifter on the ground. Track fan lost (cracked plastic housing) but saved the SS’ pricey left fairing (not a mark) and didn’t leave a permanent mark on the gas tank. Gear shifter looking a little unhappy but nothing some convincing can’t put back into shape.

I’d spring for some CNC Racing brake and shift levers but the SS’ 30k km (18k mi) service, the 1k (600mi) service for the Panigale, the Panigale track build up (ongoing), track fees this month as well as some Trimix dives at the end of the month are at the front of the money line. If I keep this up, it’s looking like Spam and beans for dinner for most of the summer.
That’s very unfortunate, sorry to hear that. Just realized gave wrong advice about the break lever. It fell on other side.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Ouch. Lucky though. Hey, I had to look up Trimix, and I googled it without the "dives" and, err , I started feeling sorry for you. :LOL: :oops:

Reactions: Grossi.BP and Ed K

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I always park my bike in gear. I can still see my old Seca 550 rolling off the side stand in ssslllloooooowwww motion.

But too fast for me to prevent the fall.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Fortunately I can be a bit nonchalant about it since there was no real damage. I realize I got away lucky.

Hah! @Boe you made me curious to look up Trimix. Didn’t know there was a medicinal brand out there for malfunctioning wedding tackle.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Fortunately I can be a bit nonchalant about it since there was no real damage. I realize I got away lucky.

Hah! @Boe you made me curious to look up Trimix. Didn’t know there was a medicinal brand out there for malfunctioning wedding tackle.
And you're breathing that stuff? 😂

1681 - 1700 of 1715 Posts