Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1701 - 1715 of 1715 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
found the perfect fit ( first try !!) for blanking caps to cover the holes from the passenger pegs. Thanks Trippleslapper for the tip!
No worries, glad you found something.

Reactions: Duluthian

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950s, 2019 Multistrada 950s
45 Posts

Installed the Motografix tank pad today. Spent some time watching YT tank pad installation tips-and-trix videos before doing it. Glad I did - it made the whole process easier. Colour matching is extremely good and actually better IRL than in the photo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, hope this one is the last one. The dealership said it's because of the ethanol in the fuel but I can't prove it because I don't have any ethanol free gas stations where I live and racing fuel it's really expensive here.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
@Chris G. Hopefully later versions have been improved…not sure it was not a design issue, rather than ethanol fuel issue…see vid below. I don’t understand this language, but the video clearly shows the problem.

Also, I’ve heard that argument about ethanol before supposedly causing other problems with other manufacturers, specifically BMW, but that’s another story for another time. In Ducati’s defense, haven’t directly heard them say it’s ethanol related, and generally speaking they’ve been providing some form of “Good Will”, when replacing the fuel sensor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
@Chris G. Hopefully later versions have been improved…not sure it was not a design issue, rather than ethanol fuel issue…see vid below. I don’t understand this language, but the video clearly shows the problem.

Also, I’ve heard that argument about ethanol before supposedly causing other problems with other manufacturers, specifically BMW, but that’s another story for another time. In Ducati’s defense, haven’t directly heard them say it’s ethanol related, and generally speaking they’ve been providing some form of “Good Will”, when replacing the fuel sensor.

E10 has been around in many parts of the country for 40+ years. If the failure really is ethanol-related (which I doubt) that's completely inexcusable on Ducati's part.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think the ethanol excuse is the dealers and not the actual issue. Sounds a lot better to most people to hear “It’s ethanol” and not “it’s a poor design”.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
E10 has been around in many parts of the country for 40+ years. If the failure really is ethanol-related (which I doubt) that's completely inexcusable on Ducati's part.
It's the go-to catch all excuse for any problem, from flakey paint, glitchy electronics and poor throttle response.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Productive weekend- have almost finished all the remaining projects ahead of the 950's first roadtrip next weekend (planning ~2k miles @ Arkansas).
1. Finished the factory pannier installation. Standing behind the bike, I now believe pannier is French for "wide butt". I recognize why it flares out the way it does (allow room for passenger's leg), but since I'll never have a passenger, they really stick out. But one good thing is it is much easier to hold the bike while taking on/off the pitbull stand, with that bracket mounted there!
2. Wrapped the tank with x-pef film. I really like the motographics design tankpad posted above, but I have had good like with the X-pel ppf on cars & bikes.
3. Nearly finished the gps install. My soldering iron just died, so I am waiting on a friend to come over help finish the wiring from the rizoma pigtail to the garmin cord.

I'll wait & post pics of everything from the trip (better backgrounds there than my cluttered garage 😀 ).

John

1701 - 1715 of 1715 Posts