Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1746 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Have had a Powerbronze light tint 'standard' screen on my 939 for best part of 3 years. No problems with distortion, fit or quality. Its waiting to be fitted to the 950 :)
My PB has an uneven "bulge" across the top edge. I suppose they sent it to me because I'm in the US and wouldn't mess with sending it back for $100. I'm riding with it. If I decide to get another, I'll check the recent traffic here about windshields .... I still have the OEM one. It's just not worth bothering with and looks good enough. Only rider can see it's slightly uneven.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My PB has an uneven "bulge" across the top edge. I suppose they sent it to me because I'm in the US and wouldn't mess with sending it back for $100. I'm riding with it. If I decide to get another, I'll check the recent traffic here about windshields .... I still have the OEM one. It's just not worth bothering with and looks good enough. Only rider can see it's slightly uneven.
Maybe you got a 'Friday' screen?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Took both side fairings off and fitted the EvoTech Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards and my battery charger connection that I had on the 939.
Had both side fairings off in 30 mins (very similar to the 939) but took longer to get back on as the Radiator and Oil Cooler guards make refitting the fairings a lot tighter than on the 939.

Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
252 Posts
After several days of rain , with several more ahead I slipped through the showers to get in 130 mile Mountain ride.
Used Sport mode for the 1st time, I like it a bit better than Touring. ( it was in Touring for the first 1100 miles) Not a big difference , but in the twisties Sport is a bit better due to a bit quicker response.

Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Duluthian, Just keep it in sport, then add a 14T front sprocket. The bike is a little over geared, the other riding modes are useless.

Even in sports mode it's a little slow, thus the 14t sprocket. :geek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Duluthian, Just keep it in sport, then add a 14T front sprocket. The bike is a little over geared, the other riding modes are useless.

Even in sports mode it's a little slow, thus the 14t sprocket. :geek:
In my opinion the bike is not overgeard. Mine goes in top gear in red zone. Thats about 240km/h. I owned a 996 tthat bike was really overgeard. Was set up from factory for 310 km/h due to emision reasons😉
Of course if you like you can put a14 thooth sprocket, but in my opinion the bike has so much torque that its not neceserry. Just my point of view😇

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Used Sport mode for the 1st time, I like it a bit better than Touring.
I have found I like to ride to my destination in Touring and when I get to the fun parts I’ll switch to Sport. As set from the factory (all modes are user changeable) it’s the same max power output but higher TC and ABS settings with a ”smoother” throttle response. But for me both modes work fine and I don’t feel a huge difference between them to the point that I will sometimes forget to go to sport or switch back to touring and it’s really not hugely apparent unless I see it on the dash. The throttle spacers, however, made a very noticeable difference and the throttle is a direct connection to my hand now.

Lots of talk with the 14 tooth sprocket, some saying it’s a game changer, others saying they didn’t like it and went back and I was convinced that it would help my mountain riding where at times second seemed high and third seemed too low but in the end the bike just felt “busier” to me and not really better so I went back to the stock 15 tooth, use the ample torque and it’s been great. Might be worth a shot for the $20, though, to see how it works for you, especially down there.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I guess since I've never owned a bike with performance settings and ridden faster bikes, I just didn't see the point of making the bike feel slower. That's also the reason the sprocket change appealed to me.

I've also gotten "stuck" in the menu and couldn't get it out of Urban mode. I had to pull over and restart the bike a couple of times and recycle the menu to get it back into Sport. User error no doubt. The built in nannies, suspension and feel make the bike feel so secure in the first place. I'll admit that I'm a curmudgeon.

OTOH, I seldom delete the traction control on my Corvette. 435 HP can make that car a little squirrely. Normal traction "touring" mode is pretty cool when encountering driving rain. "Competition" mode give the car just enough throttle steer but turning it all off can get me into trouble.

The great thing about bikes, is that owners have a lot of options set them up as they like.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Sport mode in all weather and riding conditions works for me.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Me - Urban in the city due to really gentle usage of gas. Now I'm riding only in Sport in my newly discovered curvy roads - once I will feel more comfortable in the curves (almost all are blind) I will make a video - to present how I ride. I still have 3/4 inch to close the tire but maybe I want too much. I'm not so slow in curves and even when I put one hip out the bike is almost vertical (I use trail braking). I don't know... heh, maybe next week I will finally enlist to ex-MotoGP Brno circuit to release my will to try more. But oh my... it makes me so comfortable with the brakes in Sport mode. Really, even when I jump on "bubbles" almost meeting the trees on the other side heh... Touring is definitely not for using 3rd gear close to red light of revs and then brake and repeat every 3-6 seconds. In Sport nothing changes in behavior of the lever - at least in my case - the very amateur rider who switched to Sport after 3 years of ownership.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Me - Urban in the city due to really gentle usage of gas. Now I'm riding only in Sport in my newly discovered curvy roads - once I will feel more comfortable in the curves (almost all are blind) I will make a video - to present how I ride. I still have 3/4 inch to close the tire but maybe I want too much. I'm not so slow in curves and even when I put one hip out the bike is almost vertical (I use trail braking). I don't know... heh, maybe next week I will finally enlist to ex-MotoGP Brno circuit to release my will to try more. But oh my... it makes me so comfortable with the brakes in Sport mode. Really, even when I jump on "bubbles" almost meeting the trees on the other side heh... Touring is definitely not for using 3rd gear close to red light of revs and then brake and repeat every 3-6 seconds. In Sport nothing changes in behavior of the lever - at least in my case - the very amateur rider who switched to Sport after 3 years of ownership.
I think there is something wrong with your brakes oryour perception😉 Brakes don't change in touring or sport mode! Only abs comes in a bit sooner in touring, but thats changebal in the menu.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
3 years and only just switching to Sports mode :oops:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hm... basically I can't complain but for example I 'destroyed' my first windshield becuase of the brake fluid sprayed all over. When I ride the same road in Touring I feel the brake lever pushes away/forward. In Sport I don't have it. I was riding in Touring for 3 years on track days and then finally switching to Sport to notice it... I wrote it earlier but I'm sure it's about ABS setting. Anyway, this is how I feel it, works for me : ) Aggressive ride - Sport. Fine, it can be only me and my experience : ) Better to share on forum. Out of each post one can take "average" and decide what's the real thing.

@Triplesapper It's my first motorcycle, I am from Poland but with motorcycle my nature is - patience, get familiar and then move to the next level. That's why I "got" new motorcycle after that time 😁

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@Grossi.BP I was not criticising you by any means. Were you not even tempted to try Sports mode before?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Oh, easy, I didn't think about it : ) No, I watched too many youtube compilations. Just didn't want to be one of "them". Now after couple ot track days, schools, practicing I am more contious of phisics and first I took theory in my mind - now I can feel it in reality. I also bought the same model of shoes after 4 years - I was 100% sure I have size 41... and last month I checked - it was size bigger. Now even holding my feet is more comfortable 😂 probably in the shop I wanted size 41 but somehow with the seller we confused the boxes and my mind agreed - ok this is the size... yea, embarrasing but I don't mind. Finally my feet don't look like Alladin's flip flops haha.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Today: installed the heated grips, as shared on the heated grips diy thread. And also removed the Ducabike bar risers that came on the bike from his previous owner. I'm saving them for when I'm older and stiffer :LOL::p.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Today: installed the heated grips, as shared on the heated grips diy thread. And also removed the Ducabike bar risers that came on the bike from his previous owner. I'm saving them for when I'm older and stiffer :LOL::p.
older, stiffer and big gut......BTDT.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Tried to fit the EvoTech Tail Tidy, however the Ducati Performancs indicators I have from the 939 dont fit the 950 connector blocks.

I kept the EvoTech Tail Tidy from the 939 that I fitted the Ducati Performance LED indicators to. So everything was going great until I came to fit the LED indicators into the 950 connectors - the pins are slightly narrower. EvoTech tail tidy fits exactly the same. Will order some LED indicators for the 950.

Will have some Ducati performance LED indicators for sale in the next few days that will fit a 2017 - 2020 Supersport.

Reactions: Ed K and Boe
1721 - 1740 of 1746 Posts