Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
ok peeps, help me out here. Oh course the dealership denied giving me the old 939 pipes back, they say these pipes in the pic above got this way due to the 6 miles test ride. So do those pipes look this way as a result of 6 mile test ride? Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So nobody could give me an opinion on my previous posts? thanks. 😑
Sorry but I find it highly unlikely they were off a new bike. The pictures seem to show corrosion which shouldn’t exist. But without seeing them wiped clean, in higher definition it’s difficult to be 100%.

Just a thought, are the part numbers the same on the 939/950? I know that some parts look identical but aren’t (mirrors etc). I’d check that first. Could be an easy way to prove/dispute the claim.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I am also slightly on the side of it can be true they are after just 6 miles. I get dirt all the time even after one ride, but I can't make now any test also - only tomorrow I will receive my gear lever and I can install and drive. If weather allows - I clean my bike, make a normal road ride around 6 miles and take pictures but please don't rely on me yet. I have storm after storm recently.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stickers look great, where'd you get them? I've been thinking about doing something similar to my bike.
Just from eBay. I can’t vouch for their long term quality yet but the initial impressions are good.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I have finally replaced the gear change lever. I didn't have proper endings for a torque wrench but I used gentle constant force to un/screw. I hope it will be fine. There were two rubber o-rings and I don't know if on the inner tube I should apply some oil/grease? Now knowing how it's done I can repeat and made again properly. I saw red loctite on screws, mine is blue - problem?
Test ride not done.

Of course I didn't hold it like this with my palm, just a solution I had to use.

And remember, don't use gas on dirty curves :rolleyes: Why it must be always me the first to crash...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
30 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I have found I like to ride to my destination in Touring and when I get to the fun parts I’ll switch to Sport. As set from the factory (all modes are user changeable) it’s the same max power output but higher TC and ABS settings with a ”smoother” throttle response. But for me both modes work fine and I don’t feel a huge difference between them to the point that I will sometimes forget to go to sport or switch back to touring and it’s really not hugely apparent unless I see it on the dash. The throttle spacers, however, made a very noticeable difference and the throttle is a direct connection to my hand now.

Lots of talk with the 14 tooth sprocket, some saying it’s a game changer, others saying they didn’t like it and went back and I was convinced that it would help my mountain riding where at times second seemed high and third seemed too low but in the end the bike just felt “busier” to me and not really better so I went back to the stock 15 tooth, use the ample torque and it’s been great. Might be worth a shot for the $20, though, to see how it works for you, especially down there.

I've tried to search as best I can for opinions on going to a 14T front sprocket, so forgive me if I am not replying to the latest on the subject. My questions on the 14T conversion are below and are all related to a '21 950S in the off-chance the answers differ for earlier models:

1. I've read here and elsewhere there could be electronic problems dropping to a 14T. Is that accurate or old problems?
  2. Would a '20 or earlier SS 14T part work on a '21?
  3. Member preferences on brands?
  4. Would adding 2 in the rear be a more preferable option?
Thanks in advance for any input on the above.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've tried to search as best I can for opinions on going to a 14T front sprocket, so forgive me if I am not replying to the latest on the subject. My questions on the 14T conversion are below and are all related to a '21 950S in the off-chance the answers differ for earlier models:

1. I've read here and elsewhere there could be electronic problems dropping to a 14T. Is that accurate or old problems?
  2. Would a '20 or earlier SS 14T part work on a '21?
  3. Member preferences on brands?
  4. Would adding 2 in the rear be a more preferable option?
Thanks in advance for any input on the above.
Answers:

1. No issues switching. If you want, and you don't need to, follow the directions for the TSU setup.
2. Yes, no difference.
3. JT is what most people use.
4. Yes and no. A -1 front is comparable to like +2 1/2 teeth on the rear, thing is with a -1 you don't need a new chain and it's easy and quick to swap, might take you 20 minutes if you're slow; a +2 rear MAY need a new chain and swapping the rear sprocket is a PITA not to mention much more expensive and much harder.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I made today 700 km / 495 miles finally after two years to meet my family in hometown. I'm already full but keep eating 😁
Anyway, I can recommend a cruise control substitute from Oxford:

There is a little time of getting used to operate the hand when you need dynamic braking but overall it's not distracting, the wrist naturally lays on it.

Supersport made its job. However after 500 meters at the initial gas station I couldn't open the tank 😂 There was some stone/dust and all my trip depended on my nervous moving of the key inside the lock 🙃Uf.

1821 - 1840 of 1867 Posts