Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1841 - 1860 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Supersport
16 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of some of my recent "What did you do to your SS today". I didn't do all of this today, but over the past couple of months.
New Rage Cycles fender eliminator, red reflective rim tape on rear wheels, rear seat cowl, and the +10 HP Ducati Stickers. LMOA!
The other thing I did when I first got my bike was to do the Sorbothane trick for the mirrors.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
30 Posts
So...not necessarily done today, but over the last few weeks as time would allow....aka work and life with 2 kids under 5yrs old....

• Pic 1
    • Motographix Tank Pad (not sold on spread vs. together placement yet)
    • Rizoma bar ends
    • Ducabike gas tank cap
  • Pic 2
    • Ducabike oil filler cap
    • Ducabike frame plugs
    • Motocomposites belt covers
  • Pics 3 & 4
    • Rizoma front axle sliders (Ducabike front wheel nut hidden...didn't think that one through...oops)
  • Pic 5
    • Ducabike frame plugs
    • Ducabike front sprocket cover
  • Pic 6
    • Motocomposites hugger
    • Motocomposites chain guard
    • Ducabike rear sprocket carrier/nuts (will end up going with a Supersprox black/red setup eventually)
    • Ducabike rear axle nut (LH)
  • Pic 7
    • Ducabike rear wheel nut (RH)
  • Pics 8 & 9
    • MotoDynamics tail tidy (prev. post)
    • DP rear turn signals (dremel-ed mounts to make them work...see forum for discussion)
  • Not yet installed/On order
    • Full Akra system - will have installed at 1st service
    • Ducabike Rear Sets black/red - on backorder
Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

Pic #5

Pic #6

Pic #7

Pic #8

Pic #9

My value of the bike has definitely gone up...not so much for any resale...good thing Sophia is mine!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Got an email from the Dealer letting me know that Ducati will change the Dashboard as it's scratched.

When I collected the bike the Sales woman was showing me the features on the Dash. I was thinking that her fingernails are very close to the dash and she was moving her fingers all over the dash. Anyway, when I got home and put it in the garage I noticed several long scratches on the dash, so emailed the Dealer straight away and told them. Not saying it was the Sales woman, it might have arrived with the scratches on it. Anyways, Ducati have agreed to change the dashboard. I will fit a Speedo Angel screen protector on it when I get the new one fitted - had one on the previous Supersport.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I finished my trip home and back to Czech. At one shot I made around 650 km / 404 miles. My goal is to maintain 4,7 l/100 | 64.2 mpg. If I got wind in the back I drove 150 km/h | 93 mph if less then minimum 120 km/h | 74 mph. My notes:
  • this hand cruise control is blessing - it's a must for everyone on longer trips
  • sometimes my legs got numb - also I still have a fear about my Kriega back when one of the strap broke so I keep it more in the center - probably the reason of less comfort position
  • having V2 and my knees even more shrunk... would be much worse 😬 hmmmm, I have small dream to get V2 but with my will of travels... maybe adjusted footpegs, who knows, so far 70 000 more kms to do on this sports tourer
  • after 2-3? more years I will search for rather sporty helmet than my the best GT Air I - 8 hours laying on the tank I wish I had more "up" visor actually. GT is for upright position I think or when you want your head fully above the windshield - ok, below 8 hours trips is still great :p
- driving 130 km/h I tried to prevent the stock mirror from vibrating and I think it's impossible in our case not to have shaky ones... vibrations were so big even my fingers didn't help and I pushed on the mirror

: P

Summary: I like this bike a lot!

·
Registered
2018 Ducati SSS Red
48 Posts
Went for a ~250 KMs ride on Sunday with friends and did some crazy speeds!! It was absolutely delightful and enjoyed my bike a lot. Had 3 Multi 950 in the ride with me (coincidently, all 4 bikes had same engine :D ).

I am in jacket with orange stripes and there was another group on one of the stops.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Got check engine light in the beginning of ride. Hoped that it will clear itself, but in vain. Went to workshop later and found that exhaust valve cable is broken. I should get my bike by tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
This valve is cheap and... useless :p I mean, I had the same problem but if I get it 2nd time I think I get rid of it. Looks like the idea is to maintain quieter exhaust at some point - for 100% it's mega silent at 50 km/h. We have some topics about it and how to clean or remove.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati SSS Red
48 Posts
This valve is cheap and... useless :p I mean, I had the same problem but if I get it 2nd time I think I get rid of it. Looks like the idea is to maintain quieter exhaust at some point - for 100% it's mega silent at 50 km/h. We have some topics about it and how to clean or remove.
Thanks! I did not know we can get rid of it for good! I also plan to kick it out, if malfunctions again.

·
Registered
2018 sss
7 Posts
Yesterday I did the Bikesafe course. This is a day spent with motorcycle police. The day started with some class room instruction, just more than an hour, then most of the rest of the day making progress in the Maidstone, Kent area. (South East England)
The day was massive fun and my riding is now much safer, and faster too. Not in a straight line but in the twisties where it counts.
My wife also attended on her mt-07. She has only been riding about 2 years, and she also improved massively. She was a bit nervous at first but really enjoyed it.
There is a max of 2 riders to a police assessor, but we both got 1:1 due to the number attending.
Your own copper for a day. Best return on my taxes ever.
We rode past a biker cafe at one point and i was wondering what the guys there thought of this police bike right on the tail of a duc supersport. Well, he was teaching me how to go faster safer.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Did the Bikesafe course myself a few years back - a good course (y)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Did the Bikesafe course myself a few years back - a good course (y)
In the States we have a course from Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF). It's a private foundation, trainers are paid by students for the class which includes classroom and riding instruction. In many states, passing the (intro) class will get the student a motorcycle endorsement on the license. In my case, it was mandated by my employer (advanced class). I thought it was pretty good, the slalom training was particularly effective.

So I'll cut to the chase about trail braking. MSF teaches to brake in a straight line and accelerate going into the corners. This was always a trouble spot for me since I liked to gear down and engine brake into the apex. Trying the MSF approach caused me to ride accelerate to fast and run wide. Now I generally trail brake or occasionally engine brake.

I wonder how this compares to the "Bikesafe" training?

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
82 Posts
So, Helena, the gorgeous grey lady, has a little red dress to show off that fine tail!
I think Helena is starting to develop an alter-ego, Helena the Hussy!

This is a Ducabike seat cover direct from Italy. Amazingly it arrived from Italy to Australia in under 1 week! Model No. CSSS01 Red-Black.

If you are someone with experience in upholstering, then it’s an easy 20 min job. However, for me it took much longer. It’s not perfectly installed but I’m happy with the result.

Rectangle Table Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Leg Sportswear Wood Outdoor shoe Personal protective equipment
Product Kitchen utensil Petal Red Magenta
Automotive tire Light Green Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

1841 - 1860 of 1867 Posts