Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1916 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@JaggerCat You certainly made his day and may have started him on the road to becoming a Biker (y)

Reactions: JaggerCat

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not ‘today’… but on Saturday I removed the exhaust servo and plugged in an exhaust servo eliminator. (Keeps the exhaust valve / flap in the open position)

Sounds a lot better.

But what I DID do ‘today’ was; ordered a Termignoni ‘Scream’ exhaust from Italia. Should arrive mid October, so I guess I’ll revisit this thread in mid October…

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quad Lock Installed. Big thank you to phone mount thread. I got lost on my ride last weekend because I didn't have a mount :p

I fidgeted with it a bit after I took this photo but you get the idea. Very easy install. Just wish there was pivot adjust-ability where the phone actually clamps in. The Quad Lock case is meh, but I can live with it. The actual clamping mechanism is very nice. It's raining here until Friday so I'll report back on how it rides then. I see that my phone is close to the clutch side reservoir so I'll see if that's an issue.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motorcycle Toy Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just wish there was pivot adjust-ability where the phone actually clamps in.
I’ve got mine mounted in the same spot, but I’ve got the mount angled up more than you have. I’m pretty happy with the location. I’ll take a photo in the morning.
Im pretty happy with the case. It’s robust and does what it says on the tin…

Would this help with your “pivot adjustability”?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would this help with your “pivot adjustability”?
@Muzzlightbeer That might work. I was think one of those ball mount things, but it's a nit pick. I actually readjusted it after I took the pic and I can live with the results. QL sure does have a lot of add ons haha

Yesterday I found out the 21+ SS models already have a screen protector on them....as I attempted to install a screen protector on top of the factory screen protector. o_O Didn't realize there was a factory one on until I pulled up the new one during adjusting and saw a bubble which made me panic thinking I messed up my screen. In the heat of the moment I ended up scratching the Ducati screen protector. So now I'm waiting on two more screen protectors to fix the whole mess up. Good news is the actual screen under all this is fine. But there is no need to put a screen protector on the 21+ models as it already comes with one 🤕

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Personally I touched to clean the screen maybe 2-3 times from 2017 : ) Now I literally don't touch it at all. I use of course high pressure demineralized water from a water gun on a manual washing place but I keep minimum 3 feet distance from the screen and all below the windshield. It mimics very heavy rain but so far so good. Thanks to the windshield there is not much of dust in my opinion and my area of riding.

Besides I found that from the Sun this too pricey brake fluid sock ( code: 97980711A ) is getting violet on top... I have other black things that keep black color for longer than one year 😏 During winter I will try to make it pure black again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personally I touched to clean the screen maybe 2-3 times from 2017 : ) Now I literally don't touch it at all. I use of course high pressure demineralized water from a water gun on a manual washing place but I keep minimum 3 feet distance from the screen and all below the windshield. It mimics very heavy rain but so far so good. Thanks to the windshield there is not much of dust in my opinion and my area of riding.
Yes, totally, I was overthinking the whole thing 😖. I really should have just left it alone! I'm impressed with how bright the dash is. When actually riding it really hides the small "spider web" scratches and whatnot. Once I put the new protector on, I will not mess with it again! haha

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Muzzlightbeer
Yesterday I found out the 21+ SS models already have a screen protector on them....as I attempted to install a screen protector on top of the factory screen protector. o_O Didn't realize there was a factory one on until I pulled up the new one during adjusting and saw a bubble which made me panic thinking I messed up my screen. In the heat of the moment I ended up scratching the Ducati screen protector. So now I'm waiting on two more screen protectors to fix the whole mess up. Good news is the actual screen under all this is fine. But there is no need to put a screen protector on the 21+ models as it already comes with one 🤕
Interesting. The UK bikes don't have a screen protector fitted to the instrument Dash. My Dash was replaced as it was scratched and I only noticed it when I got home after picking it up from the Dealer. I have fitted a Speedo Angel to my bikes in the past, and had one ready to fit to the 950 until I noticed it was scratched. To replace the Dash you are looking at £720 in the UK - $985 US.

Reactions: Sprint1500

·
Registered
35 Posts
Besides I found that from the Sun this too pricey brake fluid sock ( code: 97980711A ) is getting violet on top... I have other black things that keep black color for longer than one year 😏 During winter I will try to make it pure black again.
Is there a reason to be using a brake fluid sock other than spills?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting. The UK bikes don't have a screen protector fitted to the instrument Dash. My Dash was replaced as it was scratched and I only noticed it when I got home after picking it up from the Dealer. I have fitted a Speedo Angel to my bikes in the past, and had one ready to fit to the 950 until I noticed it was scratched. To replace the Dash you are looking at £720 in the UK - $985 US.
The plot thickens! I'm honestly shocked it came fitted with a screen protector. When I scratched the screen protector, I thought I was screwed, as I put I really nice deep one in there about a half an inch long. But once I calmed down and processed everything I stuck my nose down in there and saw the protector and was able to peel it off pretty easily. I'm not sure if yours is a '21? Mine is a '22 so maybe they started with that MY?

Is there a reason to be using a brake fluid sock other than spills?
I'm interested is this too. Now I'm worried I need a sock! haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm really not so sure, but looking for the opinions of others. I think one of the reasons is the worry about UV light degrading the brake fluid... which I'm finding hard to believe. There is barely any PE or PP plastic that isn't resistant to >300um wave length sunlight transmission. PP will definitely degrade to UV light over time, but the plastic's thickness is still going to severely cut any UV transmission below that 300um wave length, if not outright eliminate it.

Does anyone know if the reservoirs are made from polyethylene or polypropylene?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
@BNMCoffee @white silk slippers
Other than spills no :D I just used it becuase my very first 1,5 year track days I used the bike with "road" settings and my guess is there was much more ABS involved or I didn't pay attention to the reservoir and it spilled the fluied on my first widnshield making the plastic stains :) From time to time it's good to open and see the inner rubber to be flat - mine was totally messed. So only due to the fact I like to ride on track and don't want to think about wasting another windshield I decided to have it. I don't believe in any of this UV degradation to be so dangerous - I can agree any UV light affect plastic and that's it :) but come on, faster you will see it's so old to better replace. So if you don't have - spare more on beer :D (and open and check the inner sealing, that's it). For me it's more "racing" style hehe.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The plot thickens! I'm honestly shocked it came fitted with a screen protector. When I scratched the screen protector, I thought I was screwed, as I put I really nice deep one in there about a half an inch long. But once I calmed down and processed everything I stuck my nose down in there and saw the protector and was able to peel it off pretty easily. I'm not sure if yours is a '21? Mine is a '22 so maybe they started with that MY?

Maybe it was a protective film that was fitted during production and not removed by the Dealer at PDI?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe it was a protective film that was fitted during production and not removed by the Dealer at PDI?
Good question, I think you may be right. I will keep an eye out on the New Members thread for some new 950s and will ask around. I think it's funny I'm going through all this trouble with the screen that I didn't need to, but life could be worse haha :p If dealers are leaving them on after PDI, it's just one less mod for the owner to worry about so it would actually be nice if they left them on because I couldn't see any difference in the factory one and the one I bought off Amazon. Had a I not messed around with it, it probably would last the duration of my ownership and I would have never known.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I visited today three local castles. It took me nearly one tank of gasoline and 6,5 hour in total to finish a day. Of course, you normal people just get rest, me I need to survive the headache :)

My region produces 96% of all Czech wines and here you have plenty of such places. Even bottles of local wines without taxes of course. Only couple of pics.

Plant Building Sky Window Pedestal

Bell from 1592 as a gift for marriage of Lichtenstein (this one with now their own little country) - actually Czech don't like them much as this family still would like to take some of lands :p 1500 kg - heavy as a car.
Idiophone Musical instrument Bell Church bell Gas

Close to the border
Sky Motor vehicle Plant Infrastructure Asphalt

Another present... For me it's fine to get Lego Saturn V as a gift but ok, they wanted a wall of columns.
Sky Plant Tree Facade Column

I wanted to make a picture for instagram to stand between grapes... of course I nearly collapsed, I coudln't move the bike back or forward, I made this just to show I was on a motorcycle there hehe. It was at angle, steep and little place to manouver.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Fuel tank

another castle
Plant Sky Building Window House

Wheel Plant Tire Sky Building

And chocolate festival on the third castle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Plant
Food Brown Cuisine Ingredient Tableware

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Grossi.BP and you had great weather too (y)

Have only been to your country once when we spent 5 days in Prague (not on the bike) - lovely city

Reactions: Grossi.BP
1861 - 1880 of 1916 Posts