Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1901 - 1916 of 1916 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I like your comments @Muzzlightbeer :D Congratulations 🔥 huh, in hands it looks 2x bigger 👀
I have a technical question regarding point #3 - is it secured when you go the front platform won't stratch the cover?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The camera angle makes it look even bigger, but when I got it off, I was surprised by the size of it when seen in real life!

The kit comes with an optional ‘spacer’ to give you two rack height options. The Supersport does need the spacer, but if you want to orient the rack forward, over the pillion seat, you would need a bigger spacer, or remove the pillion cowl.

One other thing, I can’t remove the seat with the rack in its current state. (ormal rearward orientation in the forward position.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tried and failed to install the MD tail tidy. I took off the little "door" that reveals the wiring harness to try to connect 96680231A and realized that it does not fit the 950 models. I don't feel like dremel-ing anything and at this point I don't care anymore. I'll just keep the long elephant trunk. Really was hoping for an easy plug and play solution but oh well. I'll have the turn signals and the tail tidy kit up for sale in the classifieds soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tried and failed to install the MD tail tidy. I took off the little "door" that reveals the wiring harness to try to connect 96680231A and realized that it does not fit the 950 models. I don't feel like dremel-ing anything and at this point I don't care anymore. I'll just keep the long elephant trunk. Really was hoping for an easy plug and play solution but oh well. I'll have the turn signals and the tail tidy kit up for sale in the classifieds soon.
Unpopular opinion, a DOT-compliant fender has the most functionality over anything aftermarket. I would love a full aluminum direct replacement, but even the Ducati one deletes the mount areas for the reflectors.

I'm sorry that your mod didn't work though. Hopefully you can recoup some losses and (hopefully) grow to enjoy not having road bile being slicked up onto your back. That thought alone helps me from wanting to modify it. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ordered the Throttle Spacers - should be here Monday or Tuesday of next week

Reactions: Audi403

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unpopular opinion, a DOT-compliant fender has the most functionality over anything aftermarket. I would love a full aluminum direct replacement, but even the Ducati one deletes the mount areas for the reflectors.

I'm sorry that your mod didn't work though. Hopefully you can recoup some losses and (hopefully) grow to enjoy not having road bile being slicked up onto your back. That thought alone helps me from wanting to modify it. :LOL:
I actually don't mind how the stock tail is designed now that I've spent an hour fiddling with it. It's really nice and easy how everything tucks up inside. I may go for the LED turn signals that fit into the stock tail down the road. After seeing the ones I got, I like them a lot. The LED ones should be stock, at least on the 950s since it's a refresh.

Ordered the Throttle Spacers - should be here Monday or Tuesday of next week
Interesting, I'll have to check that out. Coming from my Ninja 650 which had a dead zone the size of the Black Sea, I find the SS to be much smoother.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I actually don't mind how the stock tail is designed now that I've spent an hour fiddling with it. It's really nice and easy how everything tucks up inside. I may go for the LED turn signals that fit into the stock tail down the road. After seeing the ones I got, I like them a lot. The LED ones should be stock, at least on the 950s since it's a refresh.
I’m the same way, every one harps that the fender is the first thing that needs to go and I’m just not unhappy with its design or function. I added the DP LED signal lights and am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
As somebody who has been rear-ended, the passion for a tail tidy seems somewhat silly to me.

Dozens of engineer and medical man hours are spent designing a motorcycle tail section to be safely visible.

How am I improving that by consolidating and shrinking everything into a smaller package where it’s difficult for the eye to distinguish different lights? Riders who install those one piece taillights that include the indicator right next to the brakelight are not doing themselves any favors, IMO.

I WANT my indicators to be distinctly visible / easily distinguished from the bike’s other tail lights and that’s achieved by spatial separation.

While I can understand the “aesthetic” objective, I think the tail tidy really is just a low-risk exercise in personalizing one’s bike - low risk from the aspect of mechanical expertise necessary for installation, not low risk from the aspect of safety in traffic. I don‘t think it does anything for performance.

I AM a fan of the DP LED indicators as I think they are brighter, not dramatically brighter but brighter than the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
We all have personal preferences and yes a Tail Tidy is purely for aesthetics

The EvoTech Tail Tidy uses the bikes rear light and the Ducati Performance LED indicators fit straight on to the Tail Tidy. Indicators have to be 7 inches apart at the rear. For our MOT a rear reflector has to be fitted to the bike or it will not pass. We have to run a 9 × 7 inch rear number plate in the UK unless you have a personal registration plate with 6 digits or less, in which case you can run a 7 x 6.5 inch plate. The registration plate has to have black lettering on a reflective yellow background.

So in the UK adding a Tail Tidy, Ducati LED indicators and a standard number plate doesn't reduce the bikes visibilty from the rear.

It sounds as if in the US your legislation is a little more 'relaxed' than the UK when it comes to the rear of the bike?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I made it 🥳 30000 km done. As a gift I had for a moment blinking DESMO word. Anyway... I wish myself another 30k, this time to get knee down, wheelie and come back again to World Ducati Week in Misano.
Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive tire Gauge Vehicle

Background music:
as today NASA released for 12 year journey Lucy satellite
Probably last that ride this year (was around 53 F / 12 C) - nothing special, just a proof of riding today (I'll delete later)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - absolute classic (y)

Reactions: Ed K and Grossi.BP

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Got out for what will be my last ride of the season today.

Coming weeks will see the fairings off, rear wheel, hugger and chain guard for the bikes deep clean before puting it away for the winter months.

1901 - 1916 of 1916 Posts