Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

What did you do to your Ducati Supersport 939 today?

419K views 3K replies 231 participants last post by  Invincible 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Ducati Supersport 939 community!

Example: Took delivery at the dealership today, rode her home and gave it a nice wash!

Example: It rained on the last ride, so today I cleaned up the chain and lubed it.

Example: Went out for a impromtu ride and ended up all the way across town. It was a nice ride!

Anything goes!

#22 ·
Collected bike and first ride today Cardiff - Brecon - Abergavenny and back.

Love the bike, been waiting since December and it was worth it!

One question- should I be able to select neutral when the bike is running?

On other bikes when I stopped at traffic lights I've been able to select neutral, on the SS I have to switch the bike off before I can drop it into neural - no quickshifter fitted.

#23 ·
One question- should I be able to select neutral when the bike is running?

On other bikes when I stopped at traffic lights I've been able to select neutral, on the SS I have to switch the bike off before I can drop it into neural - no quickshifter fitted.
That doesnt sound right.... I have never heard of that before

#26 ·
Ha! Funny about the difficulty finding neutral. I felt like a jerk dicking around between first and second for several minutes the first time on my new XDiavel S this past weekend. Nice to hear I'll get to do it all over again when my SuperSport S arrives!:laugh:

Reactions: JonnyShiraz
#32 ·
My Diavel is nearly three years old and although the gearbox bedded in after a couple of months I still get the odd prob with neutral. Usually sorted by slipping the clutch a little in gear, it then seems to find neutral. When new Ducatis are also known for popping out of gear if not firmly selected. Again seems to disappear with a bit of mileage.

#29 ·
My local Duc dealer (Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH) is moving to a new larger location, and is having an openhouse this weekend to celebrate. They will have testrides on the new SS. I booked mine for noon.

PhilB

#34 · (Edited)
Well after five months, may be more. I finally have my bike.
It's currently sitting in my garage. I picked it up this morning from the dealer. I must admit to thinking as I rode up the road (see what I did there?) have I made a huge mistake?

After a couple of hundred yards (or metres for our continental friends) I though NO. It's not smooth like an inline four, I'm struggling to find neutral on a very tight gearbox, but it has character and its **** good looking. If I was a scooter I want to have sex with it.

Any way more other stuff. I only more or less rode it home , a long way round but I had things to do to it.
Gearbox is tight and in the few miles I've done it seems better. Amazingly the mirrors are so much better than the test bike I tried. They're not brilliant but not as bad as I was expecting, there's also the tip of pulling the clutch lever in for a few seconds and shutting off the throttle, that works.

I've changed the registration plate for one slightly smaller. I've put Nanolex Si3D on the wheels, frame and the black plastics. Looks stunning. Just need to get the venture shield kit fitted.

Attachments

#35 ·
Wow steeve - you're right - looks stunning! Congrats and best wishes for many fun and safe miles! Appreciate your taking time to post the photos and comments.

Just found out today that the local dealer here in Boston just received the first demo model, so I am very excited to go check it out tomorrow. I'm told my order should not be too far behind. Posts like these help ease the torture of anticipation! Hopefully only another week or so for me before I can post some photos of my very own.

When I got my Monster new, I too found that gearbox to be a little tight and required precision to get in to neutral, but I found that just required a short learning curve and was a non-issue in short order; hopefully will be the same for you. Interesting to hear your comments on the mirrors - that's encouraging to hear!

#40 ·
Whilst the mirrors are not perfect, they don't vibrate as much as the ones on the bike I test rode. They're the same shape and in the same position but on the red test bike any speed past 40 mph and rear vision was impossible. But you can see from the picture of it in the crate that the dealer has to fit the mirrors, whether this has anything to do with it I cant say. I can still see in them at around 70 mph although its a some what fuzzy view. The trick of closing the throttle and pulling in the clutch momentarily seems to work. Though I feel in this day and age they should be better.

I did say if I was a scooter it would want to have XXX its that good looking. Me I'm not interested in those things (?). Whilst I was cleaning the wheels so I could seal them a guy from up the road (another motorcyclist) walked past with his dog, he saw it on the drive so I said have a look at it. He went away mumbling about it being a work of art......

Attachments

#38 · (Edited)
Steeve -

I think it is probably okay to have sex on your new motorcycle or maybe even near your new motorcycle. But if you are thinking of having sex WITH your motorcycle you may want to stop by your local psychologist's office. Soon. :)

Congratulations on your new bike!

Reactions: melba
#39 ·
Any way more other stuff. I only more or less rode it home , a long way round but I had things to do to it.
Gearbox is tight and in the few miles I've done it seems better. Amazingly the mirrors are so much better than the test bike I tried. They're not brilliant but not as bad as I was expecting, there's also the tip of pulling the clutch lever in for a few seconds and shutting off the throttle

Many congrats. The gearbox (And engine) will loosen-worry not. Both will get better in a few hundred miles. Off to collect mine in the morning-same livery. Got to wait for my pipes though, so starting with stock.

#44 · (Edited)
Picked up the machine as planned today - 100 miles later am still smiling. Being typical Ducati, none of the ordered accessories have arrived, but at least that's something to look forward to. One buzzy mirror, one fine! Fifth gear a bit of a pig, but my Diavel was like that for a few weeks. Looking forward to tomorrow. If I could wrk out how to do it I would upload a pic, but it looks similar to Steeve's minus the trick end cans and extra shiny wheels.