Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
What are the design intentions with the high degree of rake and over-sized rear tires?

I'm not thinking performance is very high on the design objectives as compared to a perception of dominance.

From the website:

Our mission was "to expose the American people to clean, tough European styling whether they like it or not!"

To each his own but I'll forego Russell Mitchell's price tag of $70k and unusual sense of European styling.

·
Registered
2017 Supersport Red
35 Posts
Love the Enve wheels :) I had a set on my old Salsa Spearfish, really made the bike fun to ride.
I'm with ya--best wheels on the market. I still like to hand build my own wheels. I generally use Enve wheels because of the molded spoke nipple seats. I've been to their factory and watched their testing where they will load over 1000 kgs of force into the rim until it takes a spoke to failure and the spoke bed holds perfectly. To me it means that you can build a wheel that doesn't flex, doesn't de-tension, and nearly never requires truing--and you're right, they really change the responsiveness of the bike!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'm with ya--best wheels on the market. I still like to hand build my own wheels. I generally use Enve wheels because of the molded spoke nipple seats. I've been to their factory and watched their testing where they will load over 1000 kgs of force into the rim until it takes a spoke to failure and the spoke bed holds perfectly. To me it means that you can build a wheel that doesn't flex, doesn't de-tension, and nearly never requires truing--and you're right, they really change the responsiveness of the bike!
Hand building wheels, you are my hero and have WAY more patience than I do!!!! I’ve done it a few times, and have no desire to do it again :)

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
209 Posts
Reactions: Duluthian
1 - 20 of 34 Posts