Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The meter shows 300/h, can it go to 300km/h?

a Ducati Supersport S costs like USD24300 in Hong Kong btw so i just am gathering info before i go ahead and purchase it, don't want to get disappointed after buying it.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
The meter shows 300/h, can it go to 300km/h?

a Ducati Supersport S costs like USD24300 in Hong Kong btw so i just am gathering info before i go ahead and purchase it, don't want to get disappointed after buying it.
Top speed is a relative number. In this case, that number will vary depending on several factors. Rider weight, altitude at which the test was performed, quality of gasoline, how broken-in the engine may be, wind position and speed, etc. Suffice to say, it will go over a high enough speed to get you killed if not careful.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You love it for other reasons, not for the max speed... it’s not a racing bike, it’s not a Panigale. It’s a good bike for trips, for city... and also for circuit. It’s good for everything and the engineers made SuperSport for this.

Test ride and than you can decide if SuperSport is your new bike!

·
Registered
274 Posts
In febuary , journalists rode at 240kmh on straight line at Monteblanco track in Spain.

Reactions: A8tomic

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm interested to know where you intend to try to ride a Supersport at top speed. Would that be on the track or on the road? If it's on the road I would politely and respectfully suggest that you might re-think that ambition. If it's on the track - enjoy it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You know, a guy can ask a question just out of curiosity.

I always look up the top speed of my motorcycles. I find it a whole lot easier to look it up, or ask, than actually going out and doing it myself!

Also, the Ducati speedometer is probably +8%. Get a GPS....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I was testing my speed against GPS last weekend and I worked mine out at 3% at 103kmph on the dash I was reading 100kph on the GPS. I do run 190/55/ ROSSO CORSA 11 though >:)>:) white Faster Fuckyeah the end

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think they fudge on the speedometer to cheat emissions testing.

I propose that from now on, if you brag about how fast your color is, you have to post a pic of your back tire. Anybody can go fast in a straight line. If you have big ol chicken stripes, you ain't fast!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I think they fudge on the speedometer to cheat emissions testing.

I propose that from now on, if you brag about how fast your color is, you have to post a pic of your back tire. Anybody can go fast in a straight line. If you have big ol chicken stripes, you ain't fast!
I have more tread in the middle of my tire than on the sides...and no stripes. Those were gone in the first 10 miles. I like me some curves!

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I was testing my speed against GPS last weekend and I worked mine out at 3% at 103kmph on the dash I was reading 100kph on the GPS. I do run 190/55/ ROSSO CORSA 11 though >:)>:) white Faster Fuckyeah the end
Until you have the rapid bike evo and my fuel map, you cannot claim the white is faster.... You're forgetting there's a red S with a compression ratio of 13.5 out there somewhere, and it has the well tuned rapid bike evo installed.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts