Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
this was my first thought, but after replacing the original tail with a shorter one and putting foam between the plate and die base, nothing changes. the funny thing is, you can only hear it, while you riding.
Tool kit under seat...?

Registered
For me, I like: all on my SS, its line, its color, the position of driving, the pullman comfort of the saddle (more than 450 km on Sunday, no suspicion of pain in buttocks on arrival), the noise, the sensations which it gets from the blow of starter which starts up the engine as if a discharge arriving on pistons.
I like less: the side stand which would have deserved to be conceived so as to be more intuitively caught
For the rest, the rear-view mirrors which vibrate well yes, it is Ducati thus, whit vibrate. I have no overheating of the buffer of shock absorber, no other problem either.
Really, this motorcycle enchants me as no other one previously, to part maybe my KR1-S, there is of 25 years old.

Registered
Lots to love about this bike, specifically rider comfort, power delivery and handling. Thing that I don't like are stupid, but they add up:

• Engine mounts poke me in the thigh
  • All of the panels have different gaps and there's nothing you can do to correct them
  • The standard seat is too curved and the comfort seat is too flat and hard
  • The fairing and windscreen don't actually fair or screen unless you're in a full tuck
  • There is absolutely no adjustable range in the handlebar position. I'd love to pull them back 10 degrees, and slant them down the same.
  • The only way I can engage the rear brake is to lift my foot off the peg and place my toe directly on the pedal.
  • The only way I can engage the shift lever is if it's adjusted all the way down and I slide my foot all the way down the peg to reach it
  • I can't rotate the clutch lever far enough forward to match the brake lever.
  • The front brake lever is the only hand/foot control I can adjust into a correct position for me
  • With the front brake lever adjusted for my position I can't actually adjust the Ducati Performance lever's reach adjustment.
  • All of the hand control issues would be fixed with a standard set of clip-ones, rather than the style that is top mounted and pulls back.
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is $3000 and doesn't actually provide any performance benefit.
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is the only solution to overheating thighs
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is the only way to not burn out the bump stop on the Sachs shock

Reactions: rummaggio

Registered
Lots to love about this bike, specifically rider comfort, power delivery and handling. Thing that I don't like are stupid, but they add up:

• Engine mounts poke me in the thigh
  • All of the panels have different gaps and there's nothing you can do to correct them
  • The standard seat is too curved and the comfort seat is too flat and hard
  • The fairing and windscreen don't actually fair or screen unless you're in a full tuck
  • There is absolutely no adjustable range in the handlebar position. I'd love to pull them back 10 degrees, and slant them down the same.
  • The only way I can engage the rear brake is to lift my foot off the peg and place my toe directly on the pedal.
  • The only way I can engage the shift lever is if it's adjusted all the way down and I slide my foot all the way down the peg to reach it
  • I can't rotate the clutch lever far enough forward to match the brake lever.
  • The front brake lever is the only hand/foot control I can adjust into a correct position for me
  • With the front brake lever adjusted for my position I can't actually adjust the Ducati Performance lever's reach adjustment.
  • All of the hand control issues would be fixed with a standard set of clip-ones, rather than the style that is top mounted and pulls back.
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is $3000 and doesn't actually provide any performance benefit.
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is the only solution to overheating thighs
  • The Akrapovich exhaust is the only way to not burn out the bump stop on the Sachs shock
My attempt to address the controls/bar issues. Still in progress:

http://www.ducatisupersport939.net/forum/107497-post20.html

Registered
What I love:
  • The low end torque
  • The seat, how comfortable it is, the perfect amount of padding.
  • The clean look of fairing
  • The position of the handlebar.
  • The gurgle of the exhaust when you let go of the throttle.
What I hate:
  • The useless fenders.
  • The heat (I'm sterile by now, I think)
  • Heavy throttle springs
  • The position of the turn signals, Its too big, too far off and even though I have long fingers it takes quite a bit of stretching to signal left with the clutch pressed in.
  • The fact the turn signal is the same as ok, one false cancel of a turn signal and you are selecting modes.

Registered
close to a deal breaker is the heat. Ceramic coating and Termi kit still not helping. I actually stopped at a dealer today to look at a Kawasaki ninja 1000abs (after 12 years and 6 Ducati - wow.)

Mirrors suck but yeah, they suck

wish for a little larger tank for touring
would love to see a half fairing option
cruise would be a bonus as would a rear preload adjuster

my wife loves this bike as does all by nieces and nephews. i don't know if the Kawa would get as much family cred... I have a cool uncle image to maintain
i'm not done yet with the heat alleviation. But that brand new 2017 Kawasaki at $2k off is freaking tempting. my buddy tells me to have both...

Super Moderator
close to a deal breaker is the heat. Ceramic coating and Termi kit still not helping. I actually stopped at a dealer today to look at a Kawasaki ninja 1000abs (after 12 years and 6 Ducati - wow.)

Mirrors suck but yeah, they suck

wish for a little larger tank for touring
would love to see a half fairing option
cruise would be a bonus as would a rear preload adjuster

my wife loves this bike as does all by nieces and nephews. i don't know if the Kawa would get as much family cred... I have a cool uncle image to maintain
i'm not done yet with the heat alleviation. But that brand new 2017 Kawasaki at $2k off is freaking tempting. my buddy tells me to have both...
Let me start this by saying that I LOVE MY SS and will likely never get rid of her...ever.

But, I'm not going to get pissed at your for loving the N1K. Its a really nice bike and beats the SS on practically every statistical category. I traded my 2011 N1K for the SS, so I'm familiar with the beast...and beast it is. The looks aren't for everyone (I like it), but the rest of the performance is just tough to beat as it has A LOT going for it. Plus, $500 rebate currently.

The 2018 all black with red rims stripes...(drool)

Registered
Let me start this by saying that I LOVE MY SS and will likely never get rid of her...ever.

But, I'm not going to get pissed at your for loving the N1K. Its a really nice bike and beats the SS on practically every statistical category. I traded my 2011 N1K for the SS, so I'm familiar with the beast...and beast it is. The looks aren't for everyone (I like it), but the rest of the performance is just tough to beat as it has A LOT going for it. Plus, $500 rebate currently.

The 2018 all black with red rims strips...(drool)
I must admit I've been considering the Z1000SX recently. It was between the SS and the Z when I got the SS, it was only the weight of the Z that stopped me buying it. I'm still torn between the two, I can't have two bikes. Why is life so complicated.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts