Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went on a test ride and while inspecting every inch of the bike afterwards, I noticed that the battery wasn't under the seat. First time ever for me. So, where is it?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just went on a test ride and while inspecting every inch of the bike afterwards, I noticed that the battery wasn't under the seat. First time ever for me. So, where is it?
If it's like the 2014 Monster I had, it will be low and ahead of the rear wheel, accessed from below.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Where it's just so convenient and easy to get to! :laugh:
But most Ducatis have had them in that area. My 848, remove the mid fairing panel to get to the battery. My wifes ST2, remove the dash panels, remove the main top fairing, then remove the mid side fairing and then you see most of the battery.
To be honest a modern battery is a fit and forget for 5+ years item.

·
Registered
44 Posts
But most Ducatis have had them in that area. My 848, remove the mid fairing panel to get to the battery. My wifes ST2, remove the dash panels, remove the main top fairing, then remove the mid side fairing and then you see most of the battery.
Are there leads to a battery tender connection to an accessible spot when stock? I see one in the owners manual but didn't know if that's an add-on

·
Registered
349 Posts
Are there leads to a battery tender connection to an accessible spot when stock? I see one in the owners manual but didn't know if that's an add-on
There is the option to charge the battery via the DDA connector which is under the seat. It requires an adapter which you can buy from the dealer or you can use the Optimate one. My dealer sells both, YMMV.
SAE to Ducati Power Lead
If you buy a Ducati branded charger, it comes with the adapter cable.

Other than the DDA provision, there are no factory leads for charging.

In the past, many dealer did a courtesy install of a SAE connector charge lead directly to the battery. That seems to have stopped with the advent of the DDA. If a SAE connector is your preference, there is no reason not to install one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My guess is yes. However, I have not traced it on the schematic because my eyes are still crossed from the last time. So do not know if it is switched or fused. Maybe someone will do it for us?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Top and bottom side panel needs to be removed to access the batter. Best to get a trickle charger and the DDA to SAE converter to keep the battery healthy. Points 1 is + and 2 is ground on the DDA. This is the optimal place to keep the battery charged and conditioned.

·
Registered
29 Posts
...not in the heat of the Las Vegas desert. A battery is good for 2-3 years here if you are lucky. Lithium ion batteries might last longer, but I haven't tried those yet. Even my car batteries won't last longer
than 2-3 years. The last one was done in 2 years. The battery on my current motorcycle is only 2 years old and almost finished even though I keep it tendered. The intense summer heat destroys batteries out here.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Gents, can we keep security out of the open forum because it's open to the WWW where the globe can view it. Write private messages ok. Safer for us all that way.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts