Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yes. Final. Case closed. Accept that you’re an adopted child and be happy for the family you have. Run along and take care of those bug spots on your albino, uhhh, Starch White Silk bike.
@NothingClever Keep taking the tablets 😅

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
@NothingClever Keep taking the tablets 😅
Yes, TUMS are helpful for the indigestion caused by all you ninnies prattling on about your Starch White silk panties.

Next you guys will be quoting Keats, Wordsworth or Blake comparing Ducati’s departure from reality to the purity of freshly fallen snow.

I’ll need me a bucket.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I wander lonely as a cloud ;)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Trip, you look great in your Nehru jacket riding your pretty white scooter. You put the "mod" in mod. ;)

I saw the Moddy's during their last tour. Sorry to say for them that Stevie Ray Vaughn was the opening act. :eek:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Trip, you look great in your Nehru jacket riding your pretty white scooter. You put the "mod" in mod. ;)
As a Mod, if I was on my white scooter I would have a Khaki Parka ;)

Wheel Photograph Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Quadrophenia - excellent film and album by The Who (y)

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I got the record on vinyl when it came out in '74.
Have you seen the film? It's predominatly about belonging and fitting in with sectors of society.
The Mods (Modernists) who dressed trendy, liked to look sharp, listened to soul, R&B, Ska and of course The Who, and rode scooters.
The Rockers who dressed in leather jackets and denim jeans, listened to Rock music (hence their name) and rode motorbikes.
Funny enough when I was a teenager in the 70's, we didn't call them Rockers, we called them Greasers due to their clothes being oily from the bike and unwashed greasy hair!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Have you seen the film? It's predominatly about belonging and fitting in with sectors of society.
The Mods (Modernists) who dressed trendy, liked to look sharp, listened to soul, R&B, Ska and of course The Who, and rode scooters.
The Rockers who dressed in leather jackets and denim jeans, listened to Rock music (hence their name) and rode motorbikes.
Funny enough when I was a teenager in the 70's, we didn't call them Rockers, we called them Greasers due to their clothes being oily from the bike and unwashed greasy hair!
I saw the movie, don't remember much about it. I didn't know the background about it back in the '70s. Of course now I know about the Ton Up, Ace Cafe, 59 Club, etc.

I tried to set up a Mods vs Rockers bike show/happening a few years ago. The venue manager lost interest. My town now does a "Bike Night" once a week in downtown in the summer. I've talked to those guys about M v. R show. They had no knowledge of the history but were receptive to the idea. Also mentioned that we could do it in conjunction with the "Distinguished Gentleman's Ride".

Of course, Harleys are the big deal here, so it's not a direct fit. My thinking was to have a $2 bike show, winner of each class gets $2, 2nd place gets $1 and the 3rd place gets half-a-dollar (a dollar bill ripped in half :rolleyes:).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Saw a recent thread about certain attachments... Lookin' good... scrolling down... But WHAT?!?!
"Titanium" bike?!

I dunno about red-v-white, but I do know that dirty silver is a mistake. Who was hittin' the grappa hard in Bologna the day someone approved THAT color?!

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Saw a recent thread about certain attachments... Lookin' good... scrolling down... But WHAT?!?!
"Titanium" bike?!

I dunno about red-v-white, but I do know that dirty silver is a mistake. Who was hittin' the grappa hard in Bologna the day someone approved THAT color?!
Harks back to the Ayrton Senna livery.

261 - 280 of 310 Posts