Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
As the title says, can't possibly imagine why the closest competitor to the SS decided to use this color as an option for its soon to be released updated 2018 model .........

O.K. So Suzuki mimicked the Supersport, but my Ducati will be meeting the Suzuki half-way
Note the handlebars. That's how my Supersport will be equipped soon...feel free to disapprove.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
O.K. So Suzuki mimicked the Supersport, but my Ducati will be meeting the Suzuki half-way
Note the handlebars. That's how my Supersport will be equipped soon...feel free to disapprove.:wink2:

Looks like a good commuter. Has 50hp more than the SS, but does it have the character and handling of the SS albeit considerably cheaper than the SS. Will heads turn as they do when I ride my SS, probably not, its merely another inline 4 jap bike and no different to the rest.

Soon the biking world will be turning to 3 cylinders to further reduce emissions and we will still have the twin.

After breaking my side panels because of the way I sit on the SS, an alternative might be to go down a similar route to you by bringing the handle bars backward towards the tank thus giving me an upright position, or at least taking the pressure away from my inner thigh.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes 2CV, a car that was built by someone who thought outside the box. Capable of driving across ploughed fields with four adults in it, I know as I have owned one.
As for the engineering, built by the man who invented bevel gears as used in every vehicle now. He was the first to introduce mass procuction front wheel drive and the first mass production disc brakes.
Comes from the country that made that symbol of Americanism, the statue of Liberty.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Glad you are still with us, nothing serious I hope
Well, it's hard to say goodbye because Ducati bikes are so fine and luxurious. They've like a sexy woman who's bad for you, but you just can't stop riding her.

Problem is it pops into neutral during transitioning from hard engine braking to opening the throttle, which is when I lean into a turn. Imagine dipping into a turn and not being able to accelerate. I ended up straightening out and running off track several times. Doesn't happen under street conditions, though.

I've been doing research about the SS and so far the upper gear false neutrals aren't a concern.

·
Registered
357 Posts
As for false neutral, I almost have no it. Maybe because I engage speeds in a frank way. For my part, I have no problem which would bring me to say that Ducati is not reliable etc.... And as I read it, this motorcycle, as the rest of the range Ducati is so developing ... It is one of motorcycles which I possessed, who brings me so much satisfaction and pleasure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.