Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
No, the bike's silhouette is quite different in the side view, more because the fairing lower was extended rearward than what was changed near the trellis frame (the latter which I find somewhat dysfunctional).
I disagree, in nice way. 😊 If you were to black out everything on both bikes the overall silhouette of the bike would be near identical, even with extending the lower fairing rearward. I did say in my original post it remains unchanged really.

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Registered
33 Posts
Already be mentioned my friend ;)
Yeh I know. I just was saying I had done a little side by side comparison to see if the general lines of the bike are the same etc. Looks exactly like they are, so was just remarking it probably would work, regarding if you wanted to try and change the fairing and headlight assembly 👌

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I prefer cable clutch engagement. It's a simpler design and has a more positive feel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 2021 has a sharper look to it, but overall just seems like a facelift rather than a substantial update. I can't help but be reminded of the inbetween-year iPhone updates. Or how Buell did pretty slick color combinations when there were no material changes to the Harley platform. I wouldn't consider upgrading for a second - really happy with what I've got. And it's paid for!...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Apart from Ducati wanting to identify it as new model Superpsort, why call it a 950 when it has exactly the same 937cc engine as the previous years bikes? Is at 937, 939 or 950? The bike will have an identity crisis 😂

·
Registered
2020 SuperSport Ti
47 Posts
I like the new looks and the improvements they made. I wonder if we will be able to switch the headlights as it seems the piece above them has not been changed so probably the mounting points are the same. LED headlights would be very nice thing to have...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like the new looks and the improvements they made. I wonder if we will be able to switch the headlights as it seems the piece above them has not been changed so probably the mounting points are the same. LED headlights would be very nice thing to have...
Just looked up price for current model headlight: 600 £. Guess LED price will be similar. At least not less.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
467 Posts
Not going through 10 pages of this thread but someone noted that the 2021 model did not have a fuel gage only a warning light. However if you pause the World Premiere video at 5:53 you see a fuel gauge in the upper left of the TFT display. Love the new body styling and TFT display, Hydraulic clutch, electronics pkg. They are nice but as many have said it could have been more...Cruise Control for touring is a big plus in helping right arm pump. Engine size option like the MTS line would also have been nice...Dropping the red rims from the white is a big bummer as well...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not going through 10 pages of this thread but someone noted that the 2021 model did not have a fuel gage only a warning light. However if you pause the World Premiere video at 5:53 you see a fuel gauge in the upper left of the TFT display. Love the new body styling and TFT display, Hydraulic clutch, electronics pkg. They are nice but as many have said it could have been more...Cruise Control for touring is a big plus in helping right arm pump. Engine size option like the MTS line would also have been nice...Dropping the red rims from the white is a big bummer as well...
Thats keen you noticed that!
Afther four years and nearly 30000 km I ordered a new 950s. Afther testing several other bikes o.a. a v2, speed triple, streetfighterv4,Ktm SD, I decided the 939/950 is still the most fun to choose!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Having no fuel gauge on panigales must come from the shape of their fuel tank. Tank shape on the is very long and complex as the tank extends under the seat. I can imagine that construction of a fuel level measurement in such a tank is a mechanical nightmare.

Along those terms, they have left the sender out and put in a simple on/off type level sensor, hence nothing more on the dash of the pani''s. Supersport tank more readily accepts traditional fuel level senders, so there is no issue with that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Oh for the good old days, when the numbers after the model name of the bike denoted its cc 😅
The three Suzuki GSXR 600's I had were the K6, K7 and K8 - the number denoting 2006, 2007 and 2008 respectivly.
Yes I had 3 brand new bikes each a year apart 🙈

·
Registered
178 Posts
Apart from Ducati wanting to identify it as new model Superpsort, why call it a 950 when it has exactly the same 937cc engine as the previous years bikes? Is at 937, 939 or 950? The bike will have an identity crisis 😂
What I understand, the engine is 937cc, but our model is called Supersport 939, following old Ducati tradition of calling their bikes with a "9" at the end, like the Panis 899, 959, 1199 and 1299, even thought their engines were always a tiny bit smaller. The new fashion for Ducati bikes is to round up (or in Diavel's case down) to a round ish number, like the Hypermotard 950 has the 937cc (that's where the SS engine comes from). Monsters are still confused though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the new monsters named with a "round up" number...

In short, it's not that simple :)

What I wonder is... And this is REALLY IMPORTANT guys and girls... This forum is called ducatisupersport939.net... so, are people with the brand new SS 950 not allowed in? :unsure:😅

Reactions: Ed K and sadsak

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
@Timur A

Haha, yeah, I thought about the site name, too. But since it’s the domain name, it may not be so easy to modify.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm glad they didn't get rid of the SS. Like a lot of you I think it's a fabulous bike, but I was under the vague impression Ducati's SS sales numbers couldn't support extending the SS. Anyway, I like the look of the new one, especially the headlights and the TFT dash. Getting rid of the red rims was a DUMB idea IMO. No reason for me to trade up though. I'm very happy with my same-engined 939.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts