Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The old fairings offers significantly more wind and rain protection and makes it easier to apply crash frame protection.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
@08:15 into the premiere video, one can see in the top left of the new TFT that there is a fuel gauge with seven graduations that illuminate to indicate fuel level.

Drats...we have to find something else to whinge about.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Drats...we have to find something else to whinge about.
Apart from the mirrors, lack of a few more cc (only a few, as I'm not greedy) the black wheels with their ridiculous red blob of paint .............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats amazing you know that! Tried the 950 yourself😉
Die Verkleidung der 939 ist deutlich weiter.
Ich bin bei starken Regen absolut nicht nass geworden an den Beinen.

Ich habe Platz für einen Scottoiler und für die crash pads von evotech performance.

Die Verkleidung der 950 zeichnet sich dadurch aus, dass sie deutlich enger anliegend ist und kein Platz für oben genannte items hat.

Sie sieht dadurch sportlicher aus , verliert jedoch ihre wind- und wetterschutz Eigenschaften, welche ich auf der Alpennordseite sehr geschätzt habe.

Die neue 950 ist sehr gelungen.
Touring Überlegungen waren bei der neuen Verkleidung der 950 nicht mehr ausschlaggebend.

Kurven ABS ist das Einzige, was ich gerne hätte. Jedoch nach 40 Jahren Motorradfahren ohne ABS kann ich auch ohne Kurven ABS in Kurven bremsen.😉

Ich bin glücklich so ein tolles Motorrad zu fahren und sie erinnert mich an meine alte VTR 1000 aus dem Jahr 2000. Mit beiden Motorräder kann man in einer Woche 5000 KM in den Alpenfahren und man hat Lust auf mehr. Ein wahrer Sport Tourer.

Ich grüße Dich herzlich Addesmo.

·
Registered
794 Posts

Ich habe Platz für einen Scottoiler und für die crash pads von evotech performance.

Die Verkleidung der 950 zeichnet sich dadurch aus, dass sie deutlich enger anliegend ist und kein Platz für oben genannte items hat.

Sie sieht dadurch sportlicher aus , verliert jedoch ihre wind- und wetterschutz Eigenschaften, welche ich auf der Alpennordseite sehr geschätzt habe.

Touring Überlegungen waren bei der neuen Verkleidung der 950 nicht mehr ausschlaggebend.

Kurven ABS ist das Einzige, was ich gerne hätte. Jedoch nach 40 Jahren Motorradfahren ohne ABS kann ich auch ohne Kurven ABS in Kurven bremsen.😉

Ich bin glücklich so ein tolles Motorrad zu fahren und sie erinnert mich an meine alte VTR 1000 aus dem Jahr 2000. Mit beiden Motorräder kann man in einer Woche 5000 KM in den Alpenfahren und man hat Lust auf mehr. Ein wahrer Sport Tourer.

huh?

·
Registered
66 Posts

Altough I can read German I will reply to you in my not perfect English😅
Don't agree that fairing is narrower because al the mounting points seam to be the same! In each case the fairing of the existing model is narrow as wel thats why the bike is so beauetiful😇. Prevention for weather is ok but not like a Goldwing. And I speak out of experience as wel afther nearly 30000 km in al European mountains as Alpes, Pyrynees and Dolomietes. So my opinion is that the 939 and 950 give you about the same protaction, but I wil tell you in march when hopefully my bike is dili ered😄

·
Registered
985 Posts

Danke für schreiben in Deutsch. Meine Deutsch ist nicht gut un es war gute Üben. Welche Stadt lebst du?
*My grammar was probably off.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts

The fairing of the 939 is much wider.
My legs were absolutely not wet in heavy rain.

I have space for a Scottoiler and for the crash pads from evotech performance.

The fairing of the 950 is characterized by the fact that it is much closer fitting and has no space for the items mentioned above.

This makes it look sportier, but it loses its wind and weather protection properties, which I appreciated very much on the north side of the Alps.

The new 950 is very successful.
Touring considerations were no longer decisive for the new fairing of the 950.

Cornering ABS is the only thing I would like. However, after 40 years of motorcycling without ABS, I can brake in corners without ABS

I am happy to drive such a great motorcycle and it reminds me of my old VTR 1000 from the year 2000. With both motorcycles you can drive 5000 KM in the Alps in one week and you want more. A true sports tourer.

I greet you warmly Addesmo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bit of a random thought as I have seen it in a couple places now with the new update to the Supersport, People complaining there isn't another 20 hp. So I did some sums to show the reality that it has ample enough power for the road. An Audi r8 V10 has around 605 hp, its weight is around 1560 kg. In comparison the supersport is 210kg with around 113 hp (obviously I know it slightly different at the rear wheel). If the power to weight ratio was applied to the Audi that the Ducati has the Audi would end up going up to 836 hp. No one in there right might would be saying the Audi needs more power for the road, let alone if it had another 230 hp added to it. Hope you followed my drift. I was trying to explain it the best I could. Trying to show. It has more than enough power

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Twisty I agree with your point that the SS is a nice bike and isn't underpowered. I think whenever considering power to weight for motorcycles, the rider's weight should be considered in the calculation since it's proportionally of the overall weight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Twisty I agree with your point that the SS is a nice bike and isn't underpowered. I think whenever considering power to weight for motorcycles, the rider's weight should be considered in the calculation since it's proportionally of the overall weight.
Yeh Good point, didnt think of that as obviously our weight has more of bearing on power delivery than in a car

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
And imo, Ducati is correctly categorizing the SS. Also think the fairing changes are more consistent with a sport tourer.

As we’ve discussed previously, however, it is a SPORT Tourer.

Pic below from today’s email from Ducati...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bit of a random thought as I have seen it in a couple places now with the new update to the Supersport, People complaining there isn't another 20 hp. So I did some sums to show the reality that it has ample enough power for the road. An Audi r8 V10 has around 605 hp, its weight is around 1560 kg. In comparison the supersport is 210kg with around 113 hp (obviously I know it slightly different at the rear wheel). If the power to weight ratio was applied to the Audi that the Ducati has the Audi would end up going up to 836 hp. No one in there right might would be saying the Audi needs more power for the road, let alone if it had another 230 hp added to it. Hope you followed my drift. I was trying to explain it the best I could. Trying to show. It has more than enough power
You forgot to add estimation of rider weight of 85Kg to both vehicles.

Then SSS weight to power ratio is: 2.61
Audi R8 V10 weight to power ratio is: 2.71, the required horse power to match SSS for the R8 V10 is 630,26 hp

Then one can say we have slightly more power than R8 V10 :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
You forgot to add estimation of rider weight of 85Kg to both vehicles.

Then SSS weight to power ratio is: 2.61
Audi R8 V10 weight to power ratio is: 2.71, the required horse power to match SSS for the R8 V10 is 630,26 hp

Then one can say we have slightly more power than R8 V10 :)
Thats the sort of calculation I needed. One that involved the rider, thankyou👌. Get to pick my supersport up on Saturday. 2017 version 4500 miles, full service history. Luckily with the Akra race system fitted already 👌

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't forget leathers,boots,helmet etc. At least 10kg😉
You are right, for a rider who is 85 KG and 10 KG gear, then SS Power to weight ration would be 2.699

and Audi R8 needs to have only the weight of the driver which is 85KG, makes it require 609,4 hp.
Then if Audio R8 gets extra 5,4 hp, It could match the Supersport ;)

201 - 220 of 223 Posts