Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Worth to notice that Ducati had an idea of carrying design elements from the Monster/Panigale/Hypermotard such as the classic trellis frame.
Monster had the Y-Spoke wheel design for a while with the red.

Someone probably complained: It's too much Panigale, and the designer was like: but have you seen the wheels they match the monster in color and the hypermotard in shape :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just did a collage of the 2 white ones side by side. I wouldnt be surprised if like some else said you could pretty much transplant the new lighting assembly and the fairings onto the original supersport. Obviously if it worked costwise. For me the new front end does look sharper, thats probably what I would want to do, maybe the LCD display, but bit annoyed it sounds as though it doesn't show fuel like the old one, which doesn't make sense. Fuel gauges should me mandatory 🤷‍♂️. Cornering abs, handy I guess, but not so bother by that

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
...And it’s looks like Titanium is no longer an option.

So, those pre-2021 Ti bikes might, perhaps, retain their value a bit more, proportionately...

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
My initial thoughts about the 2021 fairing changes are that I like the look of ours better!

·
Registered
535 Posts
My initial thoughts about the 2021 fairing changes are that I like the look of ours better!
I think the designer did a good job on the 2021 fairing, making it look like a part of the Panigale family, but I happen to like the 2017-2020 look just as well, excepting the side fairing lower extension, which looks great and should have been done like that on the original design. Many of us fixed that already with an Ilmberger bellypan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the designer did a good job on the 2021 fairing, making it look like a part of the Panigale family, but I happen to like the 2017-2020 look just as well, excepting the side fairing lower extension, which looks great and should have been done like that on the original design. Many of us fixed that already with an Ilmberger bellypan.
[/QUOTE\]
Do the ilmberger bellypans work with the full race Akrapovic? It still looks nice with the the race exhaust just be nice to fill in the gap as the race ones lose the big cat

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't have the Akra race exhaust on my bike, but after installing the Ilmberger bellypan I'm quite sure it could be trimmed to fit that situation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question! I guess the seating position has something to say. Reason I chose the SS was that I need a bike that is comfy enough for long trips, day to day driving in traffic and occasionally on track.
Still haven't tried a long ride with a bike with such a aggresive seating position as a Panigale.
hmm... maybe I will try that next season :)
My experience with fellow riders on Panigales and aggressive Aprilia’s is they can only manage about an hour before they need a break. On my SSS, I can go a full tank (3-4 hours of spirited riding) before I need to dismount so they are def. pure track bikes. Been tempted by a V2, but apparently no torque below 4,500 so no thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When the SuperSport was released in 2017 the White color cost more than Red. In later model years that price difference was suspended.

I ride with a number of other guys on various machines, many of which have more HP than my SS. I have yet to find a situation on the street where more HP was necessary. Admittedly most of my riding is in the twisties, not straight two-lanes. This request for more SS power continues to baffle me and I used to road race in WERA and AMA, so I do understand a little about speed. View attachment 42156
100% agree, more room for actual riding skill on a Supersport IMHO

·
Registered
21 Posts

Collages for comparisons.

The front headlight has improved quite a lot and looks meaner and nicer. maybe some shade of red on it like V2 would be even sexier?
For side fairings:
  • The double gills is not the best design in my opinion, it looks like the designer was conflicted where he wanted to have side gill from a panigale but didn't want to cover the trellis frame from the hypermotard and monster. It also has no line continuity to it, It's just cut with sharp line and hanging on top of the frame !!
  • The extension with the belly pan is nice, but one could get ilmberger one and have it more styled too ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #175 (Edited)
Silhouette remains unchanged really

The 'red' on the wheel rims look like massive wheel balancing weights or where they spilt some paint when painting the frame. What were the design department thinking? Totally unnecessary and don't add to anything at all.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I just did a collage of the 2 white ones side by side. I wouldnt be surprised if like some else said you could pretty much transplant the new lighting assembly and the fairings onto the original supersport. Obviously if it worked costwise.
Already be mentioned my friend ;)

What I wonder is, if we can purchase those same faring's and hydraulic clutch system separately and install it on the older SS models.
Wonder if the new dash could be fitted on to the 'old' bike. The wiring harness can't have been changed that much surely, so maybe the dash is plug and play? The shape of the dash looks exactly the same and as the bike has only had a refresh, Ducati wont have spent money on a new wiring harness, dash mounting points etc.
Or is this too much to ask for? It would probably be sky high in price if it was.

Reactions: Bassem.nomany

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm quite pleased with the update. They did the things that it needed, and didn't do the things it didn't need.
I expect I'll be buying one in 2021. A red S, I'm thinking.

PhilB
Phil, based on what you've said in forums in the past, I think you'd be well served by a new Supersport.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
No, the bike's silhouette is quite different in the side view, more because the fairing lower was extended rearward than what was changed near the trellis frame (the latter which I find somewhat dysfunctional).

·
Registered
78 Posts
V2 is 182k sek, it's totally different price range than SSS. Insurance premiums are way aggressive with V2. Insurance companies regards SS as touring bike, so it has lower rates than V2 as a sport bike.
In Germany it depends on the hp and its getting expensive above 100hp. The difference is very little between the V2 and the SS950. Around 190 EUR for the SS950 and 210 EUR for the V2 per year.

161 - 180 of 223 Posts