Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking for windscreens and, as we are all aware, there aren't very many to choose from other than the OEM Ducati Touring one. I've not been able to see a touring one in the wild yet, so I wanted to create this thread for others to share a picture of what they are running (Ducati or aftermarket) and maybe a quick review. What I personally want is the factory clear screen but lightly tinted like the touring one.

Also, I found it odd that during the rollout and weekend testing that Ducati put on for the press back in February, they equipped the touring screen for the track day, but left the standard screen on for the backroad touring portion...seems reversed to me. Anyway, I'm posting up a couple pictures to get things kicked off. It would be GREAT if someone had a comparison of the stock clear vs the tinted touring sitting side-by-side, so that we could see the difference in size.

Stock:

Tinted Ducati OEM Touring:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Think I'll go with Ducati touring screen
Then any little mishaps like the Barron had with melting clocks
Won't be an issue
I hope

·
Registered
274 Posts
with this tinted windscreen, the protection is correct , not as good as my previous vfr 2014 with a ermax tinted windscreen.

When i ride at 120km/h / 75mph, i feel wind on top helmet and on my shoulders .
This ducati windscreen is too narrow to protect correctly the shoulders.

Beyond 75mph, i put down my head and protection is correct for me.

For the moment, i always put the windscreen on down position.

Reactions: Alley Oop

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whoa... :surprise: Correction: 120km/h = 75mph.

Good to know, though, what kind of protection you're getting. I'm 5'8", so I doubt I'll get much of a different experience.
Oupps Sorry for the conversion. I didn't try 158mph for the moment.

My partner has also a good protection behind me , she's 5,4 and thin like me.
She appreciate the position.

Tomorrow we 'll do a 3 days trip of 700km with highway, roads and a lot of curves.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
with this tinted windscreen, the protection is correct , not as good as my previous vfr 2014 with a ermax tinted windscreen.

I also got my SS equipped with the tinted , touring windscreen. This is an accurate description of the coverage....the shoulders take on the wind head on. I am 5' 10" and I wish that it had the "bubble" feature that i have seen with other windscreens that forces the wind even higher.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Is this with the screen up or down? Im 5'8 and i can feel the wind on my helmet at 75mph with the stock screen up

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this with the screen up or down? Im 5'8 and i can feel the wind on my helmet at 75mph with the stock screen up
That's my height, too. Does the stock screen bother you at all, or can you live with it? Would a little bit extra here or there make any noteworthy difference?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That's my height, too. Does the stock screen bother you at all, or can you live with it? Would a little bit extra here or there make any noteworthy difference?
Feels heavy on the neck sometimes, but i duck down when it bothers me too much. So depends if you like to duck in or not. I would prefer the wind to go over my helmet when the screen is up but i guess that requires a much taller screen. I dont have any immediate plans to buy a taller screen.

·
Registered
88 Posts

I just installed the tinted touring screen. It is only 1 1/4" taller at the mid point but at 5'11" i will take it. I always ride with the screen pulled up as I hit the interstate often. With the factory screen I usually rolled up to about 85mph before I started to lean in, now I get closer to 95mph. Once you lay on the tank and open it up, that screen keeps you all nice and tidy:wink2:.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you post a few pics of the bike with your tinted touring screen at a few different angles? I was actually looking at getting one.
Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi all,

I used to ride with tinted screen down.
I tested the stock screen only on the test bike beginning of april and i didn't remember the difference.
See my photo of the screens and difference (near 5cm / 2in )

I 'll do other photos this we for a visual comparaison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are some pics of the original stock and the new tinted touring screen. You can see the new one has more height and more bulge to it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 356 Posts