Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like purchase new mirrors. I was thinking about ordering the Ducati Supersport 939 Front Signals and the Block Off POlates from NRC, then grabbing some mirrors. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's a few dicussions going on about it. Someone thought the NRC stuff has suspect quality... i kinda want to do the same thing... The mirrors are hard to use... but I can see what my elbows look like just fine. I was hoping to replace the mirrors with a blockoff that included a turn signal. Also I think block offs that are painted red would be nicer than the black. Right now it looks like bar end mirrors are the best option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping NCR had some good quality stuff. You suggesting that I should wait for better options for eliminator kit etc?

I think bar end mirrors would look nice on the bike. I have seen the bar end mirrors with integrated light signal. Not sure how reliable they are and if it gets in the way of making turns.

Hoping some one on here could shed some light.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are impatient or don't mind upgrading lots then get what you want now. There are some monster 1200 options that seem to work, but in general there are few supersport options out now. We are hoping to see some in the next couple months. I am waiting for these:

- More integrated tail light options - this is one that has some viable options now
- Block off mirror options - red would be cool, maybe a turn signal built in too - I'd at least like to see what it looks like
- Mirror solutions - to fix vibration but also want mroe visibility
- Windshield options - windshield is good, I just want to see what's out there
- Tidy Tail options - I don't like any now
- Tail Cowling Options - the ducati one is super expensive now
- Fairing Wraps - need these (I bought a small tankslapper kit for now)
- Tank friction pads - none right now - we can get blanks and make them but I am busy
- Tank Protector Options - there are a couple now... I was thinking on the clear one but want to see some more

Hopefully we'll see these start filling in. There's stuff out there just not that many options.

·
Registered
240 Posts
After hearing back from Rizoma that they will not work on anything for the 939SS until after EICMA (November if I remember correctly, and probably meaning 2018) and reading on other threads that SC Projects is basically the same course, I couldn't wait. Let me say outright that I have not seen the NRC tail tidy in person but if it the same type as the one for the Panigale (and reading the other threads it is plastic and I dread plastic) and trusting the good taste of a close friend who returned the NRC product for the Panigale because it was "cheap" (arguable and subjective), I'm having a tail tidy and block offs fabricated. I really prefer mirrors off the fairing as they are currently (easier to see without looking down to bar ends, if they weren't vibrating >50mph and for lane splitting) but am going with bar ends (which I hope will not vibrate, I had good success with CRG arrows in the past but am going with Rizoma). Yeah the fabrication is going to cost me but I hate plastic!!!! Aaargh!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I would like purchase new mirrors. I was thinking about ordering the Ducati Supersport 939 Front Signals and the Block Off POlates from NRC, then grabbing some mirrors. Any suggestions?
Bar end mirrors are your only real option, right now. Anything else will either delete your front turn signals or, if you find some with integrated lights, they will shake just like the OEM. There is a thread on here where this was discussed quite a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I prefer mirrors off the fairing for ease of use (not having to look down to bar end mirrors), and narrower profile for lane splitting. But I've lost patience waiting for something; especially vibration >50mph. I've gone bar ends despite my personal opinion that bar ends don't fit a sport bike, but I'm warming up to it, especially seeing on my bike. Rizoma Spy bar end mirrors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I prefer mirrors off the fairing for ease of use (not having to look down to bar end mirrors), and narrower profile for lane splitting. But I've lost patience waiting for something; especially vibration >50mph. I've gone bar ends despite my personal opinion that bar ends don't fit a sport bike, but I'm warming up to it, especially seeing on my bike. Rizoma Spy bar end mirrors.
Wait...did you drill holes in the fairing for the turn signals?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
For me I wouldnt consider bar end mirrors for this bike, it needs too much of a glance away from the road ahead to look down at them. Meanwhile the vehicle up front has stopped. OK perhaps on the open road, but in heavy traffic?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
For me I wouldnt consider bar end mirrors for this bike, it needs too much of a glance away from the road ahead to look down at them. Meanwhile the vehicle up front has stopped. OK perhaps on the open road, but in heavy traffic?
Good point, and I agree. The current mirror location seems to me to be more of an eye glance that only requires me to move my eyes quickly, where the bar end ones seem to be more of a head glance requiring a full head down. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Is there any reason you can't have both the fairing mounted and bar end mirrors?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you are impatient or don't mind upgrading lots then get what you want now. There are some monster 1200 options that seem to work, but in general there are few supersport options out now. We are hoping to see some in the next couple months. I am waiting for these:

- More integrated tail light options - this is one that has some viable options now
- Block off mirror options - red would be cool, maybe a turn signal built in too - I'd at least like to see what it looks like
- Mirror solutions - to fix vibration but also want mroe visibility
- Windshield options - windshield is good, I just want to see what's out there
- Tidy Tail options - I don't like any now
- Tail Cowling Options - the ducati one is super expensive now
- Fairing Wraps - need these (I bought a small tankslapper kit for now)
- Tank friction pads - none right now - we can get blanks and make them but I am busy
- Tank Protector Options - there are a couple now... I was thinking on the clear one but want to see some more

Hopefully we'll see these start filling in. There's stuff out there just not that many options.
the best site i have found for aftermarket parts for our bikes is https://www.italo-shop.com/Supersport-939/939S-2017:::48.html?MODsid=0dd7f47f20988be1f3745e9e18d1f1a9

While it doesn't have everything on your list, it does have a few (tank grips specific to our bike). biggest plus is that some of the parts, like the clear clutch cover, are actually pictured on a Supersport.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts