Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying the clear windshield with no scratches. Maybe someone replaced for Puig or other and would like to get rid of the original one? For costs reasons I would be interested only around Czech Republic / Europe.

Unfortunately mine got akward dots - during track days I must have not close properly the gas tank? I don't know even what the real casue was... and now it does not look good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got one and I'm in London, UK. Send a PM please.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@mijube - I think I don't need other than stock one. Mine got strange dots, the surface sprayed twice with "something" (gasoline? I don't know...) and the Sun made irreversible pittings...
@Timur A - I'll get back to you once I have more time : / thanks for answering.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
@mijube - I think I don't need other than stock one. Mine got strange dots, the surface sprayed twice with "something" (gasoline? I don't know...) and the Sun made irreversible pittings...
@Timur A - I'll get back to you once I have more time : / thanks for answering.
Have your front brake fluid changed recently?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Ed K
this is how my windshield looks like... hm... as far as I remember - I always had full break fluid container. Then one time last year one mechanic before letting me in on the track told me - too much fluid! Once they opened the "rubber" inside was not placed ideally... Do you think it was spraying all over while breaking? I am too noobish I know...

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@mijube - I agree, it's nice and almost like stock, however first I'm considering to have the original one. If the transport and pre-owned will be the similar in price then I get just new.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
@Ed K
this is how my windshield looks like... hm... as far as I remember - I always had full break fluid container. Then one time last year one mechanic before letting me in on the track told me - too much fluid! Once they opened the "rubber" inside was not placed ideally... Do you think it was spraying all over while breaking? I am too noobish I know...
Yes. Looks like brake fluid splash to me. If cap not on right could be from vibrations alone and/or in combo with braking. Or even the tech could
have splashed it, when taking some out. And the splash may not have been noticeable on the screen until it ate away at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts